18" tires

hanly2

I just got my wheels in the mail today. And now I am getting ready to order tires. I was just about ready to buy some Falken ziex 512's 235/40 and 245/40's. then I read some reviews about them having soft sidewalls. Does anyone know anything about that. I can't imagine any 18" tire that is low profile to have a soft sidewall. I would think that they would be harder. I don't want my wheels to get slammed into the ground or have tires that look really short because of they are smushed. But I love the fact that these tires have a rubber lip that protects the wheel. Anyone provide some relief for me. Maybe you have these tires or had them before?

I would not got wider than a 245 with a 7" wheel I run a9.5 wide front wheel with 245 I shold of gone with 255

I only plan on running a 235 on the 7" wheel. I am looking at maybe getting some nankang tires or maybe falken 452 or sumitomo's. I don't plan on driving the car more then 3,000 miles per year and not at all in the rain or at the track. So I just need some tires that look nice and protect my wheels.

I have 18" Riken Raptor's on my ZQ8 Sonoma. They're made by Michelin and are cheap, nice looking and they have the rim gaurd. I know they have 245/40/18, not sure about 235's. They're great in the rain too.