Tire help?

6togo

Looking for some tires now my wheels are being built is there a DR that does well on the street and can take some turns? I need a sticky tire lots of power to tame down and its a weekend cruiser with a few track hops so i dont care if they wear fast! Then what front tire?

I'm running the stock BFG T/A's on the front, MT DR's out back.

Car goes perfectly straight down the track....... :D

You running the street II's and do you drive them on the highway with them? Just wondering if they have any handling in them.

You running the street II's and do you drive them on the highway with them? Just wondering if they have any handling in them.

I drive 'em on the street and on the freeway's to work (20 miles each way) at least once a week. It handles fine but I wouldn't dare try them in the rain.

I have 295/40z/17 M/T ETs on back, but it is hard to hold close to 700hp to the wheels.... Im putting 15x10 275/60/15s for the track

What size rims are you gonna have? would help a lot.

18's?

Those tiny side walls aren't ever going to help you hook with the torque a Turbo Buick will produce in the low end.

Some guy's here have managed to overcome it somehow, but they are far and few between.

Jus' sayin.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Well it's even better than that i'm running a TT LSX 427!
Let me ask a question i seen the Toyo TQ DR's which look good and get nice reviews but they are only available in 315's with a min. 10.5" wheel how bad would it be to pop them on a 10" wheel?

6, Are those the tires that Scott at GNS had on his white T???? I found that Scot was the guy to ask; about tires and suspensions.... AL

18's are not ideal if your gonna be at the track, on the street I run 16" Toyo tq Proxes they stick pretty good, id rate them in the middle between MT and nitto's ,ive tried them all, MT being the best and nitto the lowest as far as traction..

ith the Wilwood brakes i run 18" is needed to clear them so i'm stuck with them! I think Scot is running BFG's.