Tint near the Beach

slow305

One Cool Guy
Hey guys, I need to know of a good tinting place in this area. The guy I bought my Mazda from tinted the windows a little to dark for Johnny Law (13% on their scale), but it was done really well. It looks like it could be from the factory. Anyway, I want that same quality when I "legalize" it. I would prefer recommendations backed up with experience and I don't mind paying a little more for quality work. Thanks.

Jason

By the way, I think I hit 231 with this post. Damn! I've been posting too much!

I had the windows on my wife's Lincoln done at TNT down on Birdneck and they did a pretty good job. Luckilly the car is registered in TX, so I was able to get away with 20% on all windows. VA is pretty strict on their tint laws. They say no less than 50% for front side windows and 35% for rears. Here's the law from the DMV website:

Except as provided in § 46.2-1053, but notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this section, no sun-shading or tinting film may be applied or affixed to any window of a motor vehicle unless such motor vehicle is equipped with a mirror on each side of such motor vehicle, so located as to reflect to the driver of the vehicle a view of the highway for at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle, and the sun-shading or tinting film is applied or affixed in accordance with the following:

1) No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the rear side windows or rear window or windows of any motor vehicle operated on the highways of this Commonwealth that reduce the total light transmittance of such window to less than thirty-five percent;

2) No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the front side windows of any motor vehicle operated on the highways of this Commonwealth that reduce total light transmittance of such window to less than fifty percent;

3) No sun-shading or tinting films shall be applied or affixed to any window of a motor vehicle that (i) have a reflectance of light exceeding twenty percent or (ii) produce a holographic or prism effect.

What about RTCarlin up there? Been a member since 2003 and has less that 200 posts!

By the way, I ended up going to East Coast Window Tint on Dam Neck. It's only been two days so I can't tell if it looks good or not because I can't roll down the windows yet, but I'll give some feedback. Went to court this morning and got my ticket dismissed. Govment ain't gettin' none of my hard earned cash!

Atlantic Shoreline did my Talon..Very happy with the people and the tint..I delt with Mark. Off 1st colonial at the beach....757-422-6124

I had T-n-T do my Expedition 2 years ago and I have zero complaints with their work. It cost me a few $ more to get the "nearly" legal tint.

Well, there is a reason behind limiting tint. My windows are pretty dark and I would not want to be near someone at night that has tint any darker than mine.It can really impair your ability to see.

Dude, you're not f'in lying! With my 13%, I had to roll down the windows in a dark parking lot. I could be drinking straight out of a Jack Daniels Bottle while waving around a 9mm in broad daylight and no one would have any idea.