Timing Cover

Cbring

Where's the best place to buy a new timing cover. Tried covers from Napa, O'reilly's, and AutoZone. They all have had some kind of fitment issues especially the oil pump area and the oil pump gears. Any suggestions?

Find a good stock one and do the mods and install a new set of pump gears. It's not that hard. Just watch the clearances.

Yeah what mods?

Radius all the passage corners/edges. I also grind the divider wall on the pump inlet passage about .50" and radius the edges. I also spend alot of time setting the pump thrust clearance to. 0005" to. 0015" (half a thousandths to one and a half thousandths) buy the TA cover and port it yourself or let them.

We offer two types of new genuine GM front covers (new unassembled or new ported/assembled). These are the same front covers we use on our builds and they are complete with oil pump housing, gears, etc. We can also install the 15200 front cover seal for you for around $7. Please let us know if we can help or answer any questions. See the link below for the front cover options we have available.

Turbo Buick Oiling System Parts

Bill, Nice to see you here.

Do you have any late hours during the week?

I work out in Solon and since you dont have any saturday hours it is hard to get to see tou.

I need to get out there I have some items I need to get.

I recently bought a brand new GM cover from Nos4gn and the gear face to side/cavity is on the high side which I am not happy with. TA performance machines there covers in house and the gear pocket clearances are WAAAY better/closer than a production GM ones...yes even a brandnew GM cover!! Get the TA cover!!

Bill, Nice to see you here.

Do you have any late hours during the week?

I work out in Solon and since you dont have any saturday hours it is hard to get to see tou.

I need to get out there I have some items I need to get.

Everyone here works pretty hard during the week, but we are certainly understanding and try to accommodate schedules when able. It would be best call in and set something up so that we could accommodate your schedule and the parts you need, whether it be meeting in the evening or weekend.