Timing Chain clarification

TYRFRYR

Well I've searched through past topics on timing chains since it is time to do mine. Seems like there is a 50/50 tie between those who recommend double roller and those who recommend a steel stock style replacement. In my search I've been pretty unsuccessful at finding part numbers or item numbers for the different brands recommended though.

Could you help recommend a brand and provide its part number or item number? Some have mentioned Federal Mogul, Edelbrock, Cloyes (stock style and double roller) and Napa. GM discontinued the sale of the tentioner some time back. What aftermarket brands are being used?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tyson

Just bought a tensioner and an upgraded roller-bearing thrust bumper from GM about 2 wks ago...Try them again...

I went with a heavy duty stock style a couple years ago, except it doesn't require a tensioner,, the chain is tight on both sides. It was a speed pro unit, ,,, I can't find the part number sorry, but I got it at a local parts store so it should be findable...

Thanks Jim. I'll have to try again. I tried using part # 1356636 which GM calls a damper assembly. GM has the bolt and spring but not the damper.

Thanks,

Tyson