Timeslip!!!

ITSNOTAGN

Shadow Master
Well, after a long wait, i finally got a timeslip this weekend. Things didnt go as well as i had hoped, but it worked out decent enough. First off, my trust ol' Red's XP pump took a **** on me shortly after i got the car running, so only 4500rpm and 3psi could be had. Friday night i installed a new walbro 255, and was i ever amazed at how this car moves out over 4k. Anyway, with just a hour or 2 of adjustments being made, i got to the track. It was slick as ice, and I scored some cheap regular radial 255's this week, didnt help much. First run of the day, clipped off a 12.998@115 mph, not a bad way to start, leaving at 1200rpm and letting off on the 1<2 shift when the car went 4 foot to the right. This was followed by a number of runs from 13.000 to 13.5, with mph from 115-118. BTW, my fastes 60' of the day was 2.18, and that was a run i let off on.
So after pulling some timing, chasing some KR, and getting the fueling close, I actually stay in it though the shifts to find out that its pushing through the shift point and smashing the rev limiter at 6400, what the hell, still havent figured that one out. also the same run, i discover my belt likes to take a hike once i pass 6000.
Fastest run of the day:
12.65@120mph. these figures are very close, but i locked my keys and timeslips in the shop today, ill post up concrete #'s tomorrow.
might not seem like much, but you have to consider that this is with a 2.2 60', and 92mph in the 1/8th, pretty sure it was like a 8.4 660', ill be sure to give all #'s tomorrow. once i got into high gear i could really lean into it and get the boost up. max boost was 4psi in 1st, 7psi in 2nd, and 10psi in drive, all runs were made with just wastegate boost, no boost controller was used, and manifold was connected directly to WG, I didnt know how early my tires would hold power, and it ended up working pretty good this way, nice slow and smooth power delivery. Anyway, this car is pretty impressive. I am looking forward to june 28 when i can go to brainerd dragstrip with some slicks and see 11's or better. Please leave comments!
Gary

P.S., kill posted in kill section!

Dude,

That is pretty sick considering the boost and tune.
I am really looking forward to see what that car can do.
Please post more when you get a chance.

If your serpentine belt is flying off try a billet tensioner from either ThunderRacing or W2W (Wheel2Wheel). I assume this is for an LSx style engine.

The stock GM tensioner loses spring pressure over time after a while becoming worthless.

yeah ive noticed. the thing thats throwing it though is this. The stock pulley/balancer has 2 chunks chipped off it on the front lip. that along with not having power steering, there is a 1 foot length of belt from the alt. to the pulley. i imagine at 6000+, there is enough deflection to get the belt to catch on one of those spots, as evidenced by the gouges left in the belt. i want an underdrive pulley, thats why i dont have a new one yet.

BTW, ive been working late and still havent gotten my keys out of the shop, ill get it soon though.
Gary

ok, now that i finally grabbed the slip out of my car, here it is:
60' -2.183
330'-5.758
660'-8.488
mph-92.20
990'-10.705
E.T.-12.658
MPH-120.23

Yeah there was no grip whatsoever that day. I had to lift for all 3 shifts, and leave off idle. I think with the current setup and some grip i can get a 1.9 60', knocking me down to a 12.0 area. its definately making power though, with a 28nph gain in the top half, also only running about 5 degrees of advance and 6psi in 2nd, 9psi in drive at the time. This week i have switched to E-85 and the car is so much better. now running about 15 degrees of advance and around 12psi boost. The single walbro 255 is now running out around 5800 rpm, need to get the 2nd pump in to solve that. Plan on having it dyno'd next month and another visit to the track end of june. Stay tuned!

ok, now that i finally grabbed the slip out of my car, here it is:
60' -2.183
330'-5.758
660'-8.488
mph-92.20
990'-10.705
E.T.-12.658
MPH-120.23

Yeah there was no grip whatsoever that day. I had to lift for all 3 shifts, and leave off idle. I think with the current setup and some grip i can get a 1.9 60', knocking me down to a 12.0 area. its definately making power though, with a 28nph gain in the top half, also only running about 5 degrees of advance and 6psi in 2nd, 9psi in drive at the time. This week i have switched to E-85 and the car is so much better. now running about 15 degrees of advance and around 12psi boost. The single walbro 255 is now running out around 5800 rpm, need to get the 2nd pump in to solve that. Plan on having it dyno'd next month and another visit to the track end of june. Stay tuned!

Wow that is scary considering how much could be left.
Get some traction dude!!!