Times on a Turbo Mustang

BOTLFED

1 Fast Mother Fogger!
Was wondering what are some times that you guys have seen on a some stock 89 5.0's that have a turbo kit put on them. Let me tell you what's up. I have a guy here i work with and he has a 89 GT with a AOD that ran 16.20 at the track,stock as can be. He went to a local Mustang GURU that does turbo kits and had one put on. After they were done it Dyno'd 290 HP at the rear and 400+ FTLBS of torque before this it was 160HP . Was wondering what you think the new times at the track will be? Remember we are 5000 FT up here and this is all going through a stock 65,000 mile motor, stock AOD, and stock gears.....Not to mention he spent 5,000.00 on this kit.....He is has been brainwashed by his buddys that it will hit low 12's or high 11's..........WHAT DO YOU THINK????:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

I drove a 90 5.0 with a T66, Stock Bottom end with a Girdle, Cam/Heads with 20psi and a 5-speed.

Its not slow, with a 100 shot he went 10.02@142mph, he built the car from ebay with all used parts. Total cost including the car is about 8k... Makes me sick

His Cousin has a 95 Stang with stock Bottom, heads/Cam but not sure on the Turbo Size, went 131 this weekend though an Automatic.

He has the stock Cam and Heads on this thing w\radials , the turbo is a T60 and no N20 ....he will not push no more than 7 psi.....What do you think????

I would say if it hooks it could run in the low 13's. Ive seen a couple of stock LS1's put 300 to the wheels and run some 13.20's no way it will run in the elevens or even mid to low twelves unless its being pushed by a GN ha ha.
My .02 Jay

I've heard of them running into the 10s with a factory longblock and only a turbo added.. There may be a thread in the archives in the lounge about some guy adding a pair of GN turbos to a stock 5.0 and running 10s..

ks:confused:

Two of the most popular turbo kits for the Fox body Mustangs are the Cartech and the Turbo Technology kits. Both of which come with single TO4b's. They can make enough power to push a 5 speed car to mid to high 11's. The thing that always hurt the AOD cars is the low stall convertor. Turbo Technology always sold TO4b high fi turbos with their kits for AOD equipt Mustangs.I have never seen one of those run, but I can tell you from experience that one would be lucky to run 12's with an AOD Mustang that still has the stock convertor. Even naturally aspirated AOD cars wake up with a looser convertor and being turbo charged would make it almost a necessity if one wanted to be able to build boost at the line.
You have to remember that because the Mustang has a larger engine and as such, a larger cfm requirement, that larger turbos are almost a necessity to make good power.
I can believe that he spent $5k since the kits alone are $4k+ and do not include fuel pumps, larger injectors and the matching mass air meters.

Friend of mine has an 88 GT, stock 100k mile short block, heads, intake manifold and an incon kit. Car makes 502rwhp and 550ft lbs on 10psi. Goes 11.20's @ 123 on 275/50 BFG Drag Radials.