Time Warp- Buick -showroom cira 1986

Jack Parl

Anyone actually remember going to a Buick dealer , seeing how and where the GN was placed/ sold?
My experience with Buick dealers was limited back in the day. My girlfriend had a 74 Buick Opel. I brought it in for service. They had one mechanic that only worked on Opels, when he retired , that was that. The salesmen were older than there customers , chain smoked , and favored Riveras, 1378992052924.jpg w/ with a 455 and long option list.

IllhaveaV6

Anyone actually remember going to a Buick dealer , seeing how and where the GN was placed/ sold?
My experience with Buick dealers was limited back in the day. My girlfriend had a 74 Buick Opel. I brought it in for service. They had one mechanic that only worked on Opels, when he retired , that was that. The salesmen were older than there customers , chain smoked , and favored Riveras,View attachment 200129 w/ with a 455 and long option list.

IllhaveaV6
I remember standing between two T's in 86-87 on the floor. Gold one and a silver one. There were 3 or 4 GN's in the lot and a WH1. Don Snell Buick in Dallas. I went there a lot in 89-90 with my WH1 because they keep a lot of parts for these cars...well into the 90's. They had a stage catalog at the parts counter!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I harassed a few salesmen back in the day, got the literature to show for it, and a now rusty WE4 I bought new back then. :cool:

Pricing Limiteds was fun with all the options, show stopper was price, and no blacked out cornering lamps. :p

My final salesman was young, now old, and had a GSX in yellow. :)

The Regal Turbo Sports Coupe in the picture could pass for the 78 I owned many years ago. I harassed many a Buick salesman from 84-87.

bisons dad sold them when new and that dealership had a gnx. i'm sure bison has some stories

February 1986...... small mom & pop dealership with a 6 car showroom in Bordentown, NJ.

In the showroom was an '86 GN hardtop and a beautiful Black '86 T-Type with Red interior (buckets/console). It looked sweet with the chrome bumpers. I haven't a clue what the other cars were because they were totally insignificant, Skyhawk or Century perhaps. I bought the GN t-top car they had sitting outside in the lot and a highschool pal's mom bought the T-Type.

I scored the "big" Buick Book (deluxe brochure) and still have it to this day. The GN, nope.

I do still have the window sticker, fancy cardboard Buick front plate and the dealer badge.:(