Time To Rebuild?

Bowtie Mafia

After several problems and parts this is what I have finally found to be the root of my problems
IMG_2238.jpg
. My question now is: How bad is it? I am waiting for my new double roller timing chain (Scheduled for delivery on Monday). My push rods appear straight. I am wondering if anyone else has had this unfortunate turn of events and if it is worth putting it back together as it is or if it is dead. I will drop the oil pan and get the teeth out of there before i put it back together. At what point is it more worth it just to rebuild it? Any thoughts or suggestions will help a ton. Thank you.

The stock nylon gears make a mess of things when they break, that being said you will find MOST of the pieces at the bottom of the oil pan. But my personal opinion is to pull the engine and do a heavy duty cleaning being sure to get all the nylon out. Replace necessary parts, bearings and chain.

What are the odds I broke something inside? If I were to pull the motor I would probably rebuild it at that point, it has 123,000 on it. Would a transmission rebuild be necessary while i'm at it?