Time to go Stage II!

The only scenario where this applies is where the engine is small enough that an extra large single can be sized to keep the backpressure at 1:1 or under which is where twins would operate.
Another way you could look at your statement is, for a larger engine, they simply don't make turbos large enough to give you the same situation you have with your smaller engine example. The displacement and breathing capacity of engines that people are slapping turbos on has increased at a faster rate than the development of turbos that can efficiently support such engines in a single turbo configuration. That doesn't mean the principle is not correct. If a turbo was developed to be run in an efficient range on a large displacement engine in a single configuration, it would kick rearend. But the market for such a turbo would be very small. For one thing, how would you mount such a monster. What would the exhaust pipe size need to be with such a single turbo configuration?

Yes, just use Dusty's example of a twin 70's vs gt47-88. Bring up the maps and figure it out.
Let me get this straight, Norbs. Ignoring specific turbocharger examples and just looking at this in a general manner, you believe that if you wanted to switch from a properly sized single turbo configuration to a properly sized twin turbo configuration, you would end up with 2 times the compressor flow capacity?

So, in the scenario that I presented in post #842, what would be the difference in compressor flow capacity between the single and twin configurations?

OK. Come on, guys. This is a turbocharger site, right? The answer is very simple. It's very basic. Can anyone help me out here?

[quote="Alky V6,]The answer is very simple. It's very basic. Can anyone help me out here?[/quote]
The answer is go to the track and show us how its done.Hell what do i know,im shocked my car even runs LOL. But i do know your in for a real challenge trying to make your car hook that small tire and get a 1.14 60ft with all that torque and stock suspension like the sim your using claims.I along with others would be impressed with that:D

OK. Come on, guys. This is a turbocharger site, right? The answer is very simple. It's very basic. Can anyone help me out here?

The answer is not simple, since what is a properly sized turbo?, a properly sized turbo has no use on the street as it would be totally not spoolable and be a dog, with your BP ratio's in your calcs. You are thinking race and I respect that, but I always think street use, so I can;t give you proper answer.

OK. I guess I'll just have to get used to the fact that no one knows the answer.

Gene, I admit, 1.14 is a pretty huge goal, but everyone should have a goal, right? Do you even think a sub 1.20 is possible?

The answer is not simple, since what is a properly sized turbo?, a properly sized turbo has no use on the street as it would be totally not spoolable and be a dog, with your BP ratio's in your calcs. You are thinking race and I respect that, but I always think street use, so I can;t give you proper answer.
Holy cow, Norbs. I'm thinking in general. I stated 'in general'. What does street or race have to do with giving a general answer?
Lazaris, I am not going to be teaching anyone on such a basic topic. That would be just plain ridiculous.

Holy cow, Norbs. I'm thinking in general. I stated in general. What does street or race have to do with giving a general answer?
Lazaris, I am not going to be teaching anyone on this topic. That would be just plain ridiculous.

Just having some fun. :)

OK. I guess I'll just have to get used to the fact that no one knows the answer.

Gene, I admit, 1.14 is a pretty huge goal, but everyone should have a goal, right? Do you even think a sub 1.20 is possible?
I myself think a sub 1.20 60ft is tuff to do with your setup.. Whats the car weight with you in it?

I know but are you going to BG? I wasnt being a smart ass about you showing me how its done in no way shape or form..Nothing but respect for you:)
Thanks Geno. I was actually replying to Don. Unfortunately I will not be at BG but if you have anything I can help you with dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks Geno. I was actually replying to Don. Unfortunately I will not be at BG but if you have anything I can help you with dont hesitate to ask.
Like i said before you can help by coming and showing me how it should be done LOL:)JK

Now that you know the weight, what do you think, Gene? No one's ever broke 1.20s with a stock suspension G body at 3300 lbs?

Now that you know the weight, what do you think, Gene? No one's ever broke 1.20s with a stock suspension G body at 3300 lbs?

I've run consistent 1.26 60' at 3420lbs with more in it. Only reason I didnt try for better 60's was because I index race. I was dialed where I needed to be to run the number.