Time to go Stage II!

Building the runners in two separate halves will make it much easier to manually machine out the actual port area of the runners.
The first step will be to square up all the pieces of aluminum.

I agree. This is crazy spending so much time fabricating a bolt-together intake. You only see this sort of thing in very high end racing, such as Indy or F1. Maybe I just enjoy the machine work too much. At any rate, it will be a very unique intake when it's done.

Nah....they are on drag cars out here. CNC bolt together intakes. Been out for several years.

http://www.berrymotorsports.net/Category/Intakes/7/

Well, look at that. I like it. Now I have something to help me visualize better. Thanks for the link, Dusty.
I wish I had a CNC machine. :(

Well, look at that. I like it. Now I have something to help me visualize better. Thanks for the link, Dusty.
I wish I had a CNC machine. :(

I was hoping he'd have better pics on their website but they didn't. They have a very gifted cnc programmer. They also have a billet bolt together liquid intercooler that's super trick.

I was hoping he'd have better pics on their website but they didn't. They have a very gifted cnc programmer. They also have a billet bolt together liquid intercooler that's super trick.
A bolt together liquid intercooler sounds like just the ticket. I've learned over the years of using liquid intercoolers that eventually the core is going to need to be replaced due to corrosion. I've gone through two so far. A bolt together deal sounds like a very good solution for that eventuality. I'll have to look into their setup. I did notice their intercooler on the site and was puzzled by the smoothness (no welds) of the unit.

A bolt together liquid intercooler sounds like just the ticket. I've learned over the years of using liquid intercoolers that eventually the core is going to need to be replaced due to corrosion. I've gone through two so far. A bolt together deal sounds like a very good solution for that eventuality. I'll have to look into their setup.

They did if for easy core replacement or repair but the main reason was to have something stronger than a sheetmetal intercooler for those of us who have the intercooler in the car. The sheetmetal intercoolers do have issues bursting at the seams due to expansion and pressure.

They did if for easy core replacement or repair but the main reason was to have something stronger than a sheetmetal intercooler for those of us who have the intercooler in the car. The sheetmetal intercoolers do have issues bursting at the seams due to expansion and pressure.
Wow. I could see how that would be pretty nasty having one burst right next to you. Especially if high boost numbers are being used. Yikes.
I seem to recall a video of someone who had that happen and didn't part of the roof of the car blow away?

Wow. I could see how that would be pretty nasty having one burst right next to you. Especially if high boost numbers are being used. Yikes.
I seem to recall a video of someone who had that happen and didn't part of the roof of the car blow away?

I've seen roof panels blown off of chassis cars. I saw the rear glass blown out of a 64 Chevy II. There is a company making blankets for them now. I enclosed mine inside framework in case a tank wants to seperate.

Here's a link I found with a quick search. It's not the complete intercooler but you get the idea.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/sneak-peak-all-new-billet-intercooler-from-berry-motorsports/

When I saw my very first in-car intercooler my first thought was "How long until NHRA starts requiring hydrotesting on these?" :) :)

Alky V6 ! May I ask what do you do for a living ? I noticed your using CAD, and it looks impressive.
Primarily, I'm an automotive transmission technician. At my shop we do all sorts of auto maintenance and repairs including restoration and performance engine building. The machinist part of me is strictly a hobbie I picked up a long time ago. I could never machine for a living. The mess of dealing with the chips would drive me crazy.

Primarily, I'm an automotive transmission technician. At my shop we do all sorts of auto maintenance and repairs including restoration and performance engine building. The machinist part of me is strictly a hobbie I picked up a long time ago. I could never machine for a living. The mess of dealing with the chips would drive me crazy.
I\
I ask cause I machine. Got ya! Well keep it up, and it looks good!

I haven't been getting much more done on the intake. I've got a few high priority jobs I need to finish up first. This one is almost finished.

336299_10150973242168644_85.jpg
288326_10150973238968644_19.jpg

Don, I'm curious do you have any chassis mods planned for the new found power? I suppose maybe wait and see what it does?

Don, I'm curious do you have any chassis mods planned for the new found power? I suppose maybe wait and see what it does?
That is the plan. I'd like to push it to a 7 sec run, if it will do it. The drag sim is predicting 7.80s with the present chassis and weight. The chassis isn't certified for it, so it would only happen once. Then, it will be time to make some major chassis changes, which will include big rubbers.

That is the plan. I'd like to push it to a 7 sec run, if it will do it. The drag sim is predicting 7.80s with the present chassis and weight. The chassis isn't certified for it, so it would only happen once. Then, it will be time to make some major chassis changes, which will include big rubbers.

I know Tom Nelson is a big twin fuel injector guy per cylinder Don! One for regular fuel, and then seconary for what he calls high octane on demand. Can you shed light on that intake your building?

I know Tom Nelson is a big twin fuel injector guy per cylinder Don! One for regular fuel, and then seconary for what he calls high octane on demand. Can you shed light on that intake your building?
It will be a more upscale version of the Stage I intake. Straight shot intake runners with tuned length and taper, generously radiused port entries, a large plenum volume to work towards an IR sort of intake manifold tune that tends to level out and broaden the torque curve, using the same 100mm throttle body I built for the Stage I manifold.
The manifold will include a port nitrous injection system. I'll probably use the same nitrous injection nozzles I made for the Stage I manifold. The hp shot size will start out at about 360.
The plan, for the moment, is to mount two 160 lb/hr injectors, plus one constant flow mechanical nozzle per cylinder. The mechanical nozzles will be mounted inside the plenum, pointing straight down the runners, similar to how it's set up with the Stage I intake.
After working with the Moran injectors on the above customer's intake, I may revise my injector layout plan. With the little bit of tuning I did with the Morans, I was impressed with them.

What size are the Moran's? My local guy can get you the Atomizers. He's direct with the same guy Moran gets his parts from. Only difference is his come in black.

Bigger rubbers? Please leave that car on no bigger than a 29.5x10.5. There's no need for anything larger, just get the ride height down where it needs to be.