Time to go big

Looking good! Hopefully it's in the car when everyone arrives for the event. I would recommend updating the XFI to 2.0 before you even start tuning.

Thanks Cal, when I think about it I'll email you the serial number off the XFI to get the update.

Boy this has been quite a weekend! We ran the motor on Richard's test stand yesterday and engine runs great. There were some small coolant leaks that we fixed as well as some valve cover clearance issues that needed to be resolved, but it's was running fantastic. Last night we ended with dropping the engine and transmission into the car, so tonight I should be driving it down the road (Bar any other unforseen issues).

I have pictures and Richard has a video of the engine on his test stand, but I haven't had time to put them up or get them off my phone and his camera.

So I should be driving it next week at the TurboBuick.com event, but I won't be racing it. I spent a ton of time and money getting this together and not going to risk it until it's broke in and properly tuned.

I feel deeply indebted to Richard and Pat for all their help. I'd not been able to do this without them.

Excellent news!!!!!!

Bob

Thanks Bob! On my laundry list of things to do afterwards is to figure out how to get your new ignition module/coils on my car. Boy this engine has some serious compression, it takes quite a bit of muscle to hand crank it over.

I feel deeply indebted to Richard and Pat for all their help. I'd not been able to do this without them.

Ok Eric you can wipe the tears out of your eyes now. ;)

Your more than welcome. You have helped me numerious time with my POS so consider those debts paid.

Now it's to a point to where the Rubber meets the road.........................

Here are some pictures from Sunday. Car's almost ready, unfortunately I'm on a business trip and have to wait till I get back to finish it.

Attachments

• Photo0086.jpg
    Photo0086.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 336
  • Photo0087.jpg
    Photo0087.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 321
  • Photo0088.jpg
    Photo0088.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 324
  • Photo0089.jpg
    Photo0089.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 312
Dude.....................It's ready for a battery and you to turn the key!

Drive shaft loop is in, cross over pipe done, starter wires hooked up!. Richard is having longer tranny lines made as we speak.

He is a little scared to hook up the battery due to all the dang wires you have bolted in that area is in a mess.

You really need a single common power access for all the extra stuff that been added or hot wired.

So your pics are a little dated.........................

Richard called me and told me everything's about ready. Jim's threating to take my car to Piedmont for the big dogs event while I'm gone. I told them to go ahead, but unhook the knock sensor first:wink:

Man, does she look purrr-ty! :cool: Make sure you post up some video.

Thanks, Richard took the video so I'll have to get it from him. Its amazing how I made it look so good and all that work is basically hidden behind pipes, brackets, hoses, etc... I'm still very proud of it.

Thanks! I just arrived at home after a 4 day business trip to Boston. Apparently Richard Clark, JPat Broughton and Jim Anson have been working on it a little while I was on my trip. My gratitude is beyond belief to those guys.

I should be drive it down the road tomorrow! I can't wait to see what it feels like now, Completely different animal for sure.

Pat's working on uploading the video right now from the test on the engine stand.

Thanks! I just arrived at home after a 4 day business trip to Boston. Apparently Richard Clark, JPat Broughton and Jim Anson have been working on it a little while I was on my trip. My gratitude is beyond belief to those guys.

I should be drive it down the road tomorrow! I can't wait to see what it feels like now, Completely different animal for sure.

Pat's working on uploading the video right now from the test on the engine stand.

here ya go

YouTube - Hot Air Stroker motor runs on stand

rh exhaust manifold on test stand?

Eric is that your motor on the test stand Richard is working on? I noticed the rh exhaust manifold is not a hot air part was this on it for the start up only or are you going to go intercooled? The engine looks and sounds ""Great " CONGRATS GOOD JOB AND LOTS OF LUCK WITH THE NEW SETUP.
John Bruce hotairgnx548

Eric is that your motor on the test stand Richard is working on? I noticed the rh exhaust manifold is not a hot air part was this on it for the start up only or are you going to go intercooled? The engine looks and sounds ""Great " CONGRATS GOOD JOB AND LOTS OF LUCK WITH THE NEW SETUP.
John Bruce hotairgnx548

The right exhaust manifold is a 86 87 part also the throttle body is a 86 87 part as well
this was only used for running it on the stand.

It's home after 7 months! It's too bad I can't give it a WOT blast yet, even though it's extremely tempting to do so. The car pulls pretty darn good with just little thottle, so I'm sure it'll move out really good at WOT.

The only major issue is with the detent cable, it's way too loose and something's not right. Shifts are way too soft. Richard's going to look into it after the TurboBuick.com event and since I have a lot of miles of breakin to go before I can be rought with it, there's no immediate concern.

Here's a quick picture of my engine bay from yesterday. Doesn't look a whole lot different, but when the car's running it's sounds really mean.

Attachments

• Finished.jpg
    Finished.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 256
It's home after 7 months! It's too bad I can't give it a WOT blast yet, even though it's extremely tempting to do so. The car pulls pretty darn good with just little thottle, so I'm sure it'll move out really good at WOT. . . . . .

Congrats Eric!
You completed it about 15 months faster than I did! :cool:

What oil and cam are you running?

Congrats Eric!
You completed it about 15 months faster than I did! :cool:

What oil and cam are you running?

I'm running a COMP 212/212 roller cam and just regular off the shelf 10W-30 oil with a little bit of Zplus added. I'll change the oil/filter after about 500 miles are on the car. Oil pressure is really good. Low 60's going down the road and between 25 and 30 at idle. I'm running a DLS modified front timing cover and oil pump.