Time to build the 109

jhanson1750

just a 10th quicker
I have an 86' Gn mods are in my sig. My goal is to run 11.** et's. I have a rod bearing falure that will clean up with ( I hope!) a .010 cut. I am also going to pull the motor and get the rods checked and resized as necessary. I plan on while it's apart to glass bead the tops of the stock pistons, get the rotating assembly balanced and use new rings after a "light" hone. I am thinking about a girdle but not 100% on it as of yet. I want to do ported heads and a new cam while it's apart but just started looking at heads. I am going to install 60lb injectors and a 3" DP. I am wondering if the girdle is worth the investment and also would I be gambling with the stock pistons? My Gn is a "T" top car and will not be caged so super low 60' are not in my future,maybe a 1.6 or slower. I would like any input you guys have that have been in my shoes and have had good luck with your parts selections. As always I prefer to spend my hard earned $$$$ with vendors on our board and T6P as well! Thanks Jon Hanson:confused:

I would do billit mains over a gurdle if your only going to be making 550 or less HP. Gurdle is alot of work and un-neccessary for low powered motors. Not sure about the stock pistons. You may be able to find a set of TRW pistons for sale on here used for a couple hundred bucks.

For an 11 second car.. leave the bottom end stock. No chance screwing up your caps.

Plus on stock pistons.. the piston will let go before the bottom end will

For a 10 second car.. then you split hairs.

9 second car.. no brainer.. must be done.

I have had to be bruitally honest with myself with the high 11's or else I will have thousands tied up in this v6 and never really "push" on it. I really like the idea of heads but with a "t" top car what is the practical limit of my car without having chassis problems ET wise?:confused: Thanks Jon Hanson