Time for new injectors?

Gbody5

Stuck in the 80's
Hello all, been awhile since I've been logged in, had our third child last July and cannot believe he's six months old already.

Anyway, down to business. I turned over 50K miles on my GN during the Power Tour and was wondering if I should go ahead and change my injectors. I am not having any problems but I have read where that's a good time (mileage) to do it.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Best choice for OEM replacements? I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Depends on your goals hp wise. If leaving it stock, then no reason to change, the stock injectors will last a very much longer time than 50k miles. If planning to mod, then yes, fuel supply is the first thing that needs to be upgraded, and you already have the Walbro in the tank. Go with 50's or the newer 60#ers as they work perfectly with near stock combos with the right chip. When it comes to fuel injectors, bigger never hurts then you'll have room to grow into them. Or you can get a set of used ones in smaller rating for real cheap on ebay if $$ are a concern.

No more mods planned, don't have the time to drive the car let alone work on it and/or race, etc. If the ole stockers are good for more than 50K, then that's all I needed to hear, I'll wait until they start giving me problems.

Thanks for the reply and one hell of a collection you have!;)

My parents owned my car before I did. They kept the car totally stock. I started modding it when I bought it off of them 2 years ago. The stock injectors had almost 115k miles on them. The car ran good, but like it was already said, i was working on doing some mods so I upgraded injectors among other things.

If you are not having a problem then I would leave them alone. My car had just over 51K miles when I had a miss I couldn't find after changing the complete ignition system. I found the injection harness was coming apart. I installed a new harness and injectors and the car now idles rock steady.

When you do the injectors, it's not a bad I idea to install a new harness. These cars may have low mileage, but the parts are still approaching 18 years old.