Tiger shark eats man

25 years ago when I lived in Miami my brother came down for a visit and wanted to party on South Beach. So we're swimming just north of the pier and a guy 100 yards away south of the pier catches an 8', 400# great white surf casting off the beach. Took him a couple of hours to land it. Yikes.

About the same time I went to the Keys for dog days of summer festival and there was a prison break on Key West. LE's were stopping and checking every vehicle coming off the island on the bridge to the next key north. We were on harleys so the cops just asked for id but we had to wait for them to check 20-30 cars. The bridge was only two lanes wide (maybe 18') back then and a Tiger Shark was underneath it chasing fish in the cut hanging out by the rocks. Water is crystal clear so you can't get an accurate perception of depth.
He appeared as long as the bridge was wide! Biggest fish I've ever seen.

All them nights of partying in the bars on the beach and going for a swim with a bunch of other drunks, what an idiot I was.

Mikey

Yep

25 years ago when i lived in miami my brother came down for a visit and wanted to party on south beach. So we're swimming just north of the pier and a guy 100 yards away south of the pier catches an 8', 400# great white surf casting off the beach. Took him a couple of hours to land it. Yikes.

About the same time i went to the keys for dog days of summer festival and there was a prison break on key west. Le's were stopping and checking every vehicle coming off the island on the bridge to the next key north. We were on harleys so the cops just asked for id but we had to wait for them to check 20-30 cars. The bridge was only two lanes wide (maybe 18') back then and a tiger shark was underneath it chasing fish in the cut hanging out by the rocks. Water is crystal clear so you can't get an accurate perception of depth.
He appeared as long as the bridge was wide! Biggest fish i've ever seen.

All them nights of partying in the bars on the beach and going for a swim with a bunch of other drunks, what an idiot i was.

Mikey
theres 50 guys with hooks & bait in the water on the pier and a bunch of kids swimming next to it .. Future lunch..