Tial 38mm basic set up

counterman

Guys, I have just purchased a new Tial 38mm external gate and new 3 inch down pipe from Cotton's to take the place of some old ATR stuff that I had. It came with two loose springs, one already installed, and a pack of washers to shim the springs as needed. I also have an RJC manual boost controller that I will be using with this set up. For those who have similar set ups, what springs and or washers did you use for a base line set up on the Tial prior to calibrating the top number with the RJC? Thanks, Counterman.

I used mine with the one that came in it. With a Greddy B/C I was making 25+ psi... Also consider which one is for regular gas and race gas... I didn't realize it until after it was installed....

Call Jack I am sure he can tell you which one is the way to go!!!

Guys, I have just purchased a new Tial 38mm external gate and new 3 inch down pipe from Cotton's to take the place of some old ATR stuff that I had. It came with two loose springs, one already installed, and a pack of washers to shim the springs as needed. I also have an RJC manual boost controller that I will be using with this set up. For those who have similar set ups, what springs and or washers did you use for a base line set up on the Tial prior to calibrating the top number with the RJC? Thanks, Counterman.

?? two loose springs? and a pack of washers?? we do not ship our gates with loose springs or washers...

if the serial number is XX08 and it has a rather shiny valve, you are race gas safe...we now only offer leaded safe valves, no more pump or leaded options for the 38

?? two loose springs? and a pack of washers?? we do not ship our gates with loose springs or washers...

if the serial number is XX08 and it has a rather shiny valve, you are race gas safe...we now only offer leaded safe valves, no more pump or leaded options for the 38

Excellent!!!! Good info! My only came with the one in it and I learned it was for unleaded later... Great product though!

Aw hell, folks. I was half asleep when I wrote last evening. Jack sold me an EVO gate with his down pipe. Turbonetics, not Tial! Sorry about the mix up, and no swipe intended at Tial here, just me writing while impaired. Thanks, Counterman.

Are there any thicker flange gaskets out there for the Tial 38mm? I can see some black soot where I'm getting a little leakage. I'm sure it's because of the ATR pipe and could use something to fill the imperfections.

Are there any thicker flange gaskets out there for the Tial 38mm? I can see some black soot where I'm getting a little leakage. I'm sure it's because of the ATR pipe and could use something to fill the imperfections.

inlet or outlet?

Good question. I believe it's the inlet (flange coming directly off the DP where the puck would be on an internal). I probably could use both though.

I could give that a shot. I don't hear any leaks, just see the trail of condensation spatter.

sorry to hijack but, tial sport i have a 20#spring and i want to move down to a 15# do you know which one i sould get? Its a 44mm

sorry to hijack but, tial sport i have a 20#spring and i want to move down to a 15# do you know which one i sould get? Its a 44mm

you'd have dual springs in that wastegate, if you have a big blue, it's a 14.5psi spring, so run that one only and you will be set

I have a ? about how to hook up the hose's for an external waste gate and a greedy boost controller

i had it hooked up how it should be for a stock acutator and was told I needed to run a line to the top of the waste gate

tried to go to the greedy wed site had no luck

any help would be welcomed!!!!

thanks JD

if you can call 941 416 7509