THS build hits the streets

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Finally got everything sorted out and starting to put a few miles on the new engine. Aiming to get to the track this Thursday for a low boost baseline. Easily rolled into it a few times and in 2nd gear at 17psi the 275 M&H drag radials start howling. The throttle response has never been better- using a TT 100 octane chip for highZ 80# injectors and a LT1 Maf with GenII translator. There's plenty left to work on, such as the 1350 yoked driveshaft, as well as front and back chrome window trim pieces, wipers, radio, fitting the door windows to the weather stripping better, but all in all, with the A/C freshly charged with new compressor and accumulator it is fun to drive rather than decorate the garage. First time in a year I have filled the tank up. Enjoy:

23xp47d

22wsvbc

23cny3a

History and details of the car and build here:
1987 Buick Regal Turbo T

Thanks! I also need to put the stock clearanced turbo cover on. I did put a AirResearch label on the V4. I'm going to tell everyone that asks about it at the track- "It's just a stock 14 second car with 206,000 miles on it":biggrin: "Well, it has a chip, but other than that it's stock."

Very nice!! Are you going to make it to BG with it?

I wish, the baby is due Sept 28th or sooner, so I'll have a few weeks old girl, 2yr old daughter and momma to take care of. I'm hoping to get some test time before the baby comes and then renegotiate with the wife to get to go to Reynolds:eek: My 2 yr old wants to go, so maybe I can rent an RV and bring the fam...

Good luck with the soon to be new addition:) Hope you can make it. Looks like car will add another nice car to ths.

Good luck with the soon to be new addition:) Hope you can make it. Looks like car will add another nice car to ths.

Thanks, Yeah I'm hoping JD and I can run each other in THS legal trim whenever we go to Bradenton for TnT, right now he's got me covered since I'm on a single 340:eek:

Got some tuning to do on the boost control side, 21* timing 100 octane. 17 psi first gear then drops to 10 psi the rest of the run, pig rich. TPS wouldn't go past 3.98v wot. This thing is going to be fast at 25psi...

60..... 1.705
330... 4.636
1/8.... 7.273 @ 91.01
1000.. 9.646
1/4.... 11.671 @ 112.17