Thrown Rod Through Block, Now What?

87T-Type

Driving home yesterday at normal speed around 65 -70. Check engine light comes on, really loud knocking starts from the drivers side, I start to get over and BANG! Smoke everywhere, feel something hit the floor under the drivers side, pull over and oil pouring out and coolant is boiling over! Looks like I threw a rod right through the bottom of the block! :eek: :frown: Towed it home, oil still pouring out, I have no idea what to do now. Car isnt a pretty car, it was a project. Already have 5K wrapped up in it. I dont want to sink too much more into it, I could buy a much nicer car for that kind of money. What am I looking at to have the engine rebuilt? Is it worth it? Or should I just part the thing out? Any help or comments welcome! Thanks.

Whats it worth

I have a motor for sale turn key and run. Parts for Sale section. LISTED UNDER What's it worth. How many miles was on your motor? It's hard to say what went wrong? Where are you located? I would be interested in some parts if you part it out.

Well I was told that the motor had only about 20K on it when I bought it. Body has 131K on it. It has bigger injectors, green stripe. Other than that I dont know what was done to it. I did a complete spring cleaning on it not to long ago. No oil in the intercooler or in the turbo bell housing. Turbo seemed solid, no play in the shaft. I thought it was running great up until yesterday. I am Located in South New Jersey, 856 are code.

Let me know what you decide

My motor is listed with all specs. in the parts for sale section. I am building a stage2 motor. That is why the motor is for sale. It runs low 10"s with my combo. It has around 100 passes on it since it was rebuilt.

Thanks

I will let you know what I decide. Any idea on what you are looking for price wise? So i have an idea of what I am looking at. And would I be able to use my current Trans and computer with your set up?

Depends on what you want?

I can give you a price. What all do you want with the motor? Read the post and let me know. I will shoot you a price.

I was just looking to have a reliable daily driver that I could take to the track now and then for some fun. It would be more of a toy than anything, but wanted it to be able to be a very streetable car.

Thanks.

If you want to go REALLY cheap, get a shortblock from autozone - you will at least be able to drive the car - I wouldn't throw too much boost at it though:)

My motor can be driven on the streets I do.

i have it insured and licened to drive. I will give you a price if you tell want you want? Complete motor, with turbo or without, with motor mounts or not.
With intake or not?