Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
take a look

Attachments

• blowersize.jpg
    blowersize.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 582
That is insane, but does something like that exist? There are some weird superchargers out there for different applications.

Yeah I've seen that... those come stock on 03-04 Cobras. :biggrin:
My Harley Truck has one too, but it's painted black.

bishir said:
LMAO...Can you also get it with the 12" DVD screen on the back????

Dan Buick Man said:
That is insane, but does something like that exist? There are some weird superchargers out there for different applications.
Actually it looks like one off a EMD {General Motors} locomotive. I worked as a locomotive machnist and we had to rebuild them on a regular basis. The air filters were as big as a garbage can.

Randy Greenoe said:
Actually it looks like one off a EMD {General Motors} locomotive. I worked as a locomotive machnist and we had to rebuild them on a regular basis. The air filters were as big as a garbage can.
any web site's on that stuff?

bishir said:
fords need all the help they can get!

damn, whats that? a 24:17 supercharger? That thing is massive, could always be from something like a plane. Tanks had some big components, but I dont think anything like that...

Man that thing probably robs more HP than what it produces. Check out the fuel line. :eek:

TurboIndian said:
it takes about 3 states to spool it & 1 better be Texas.

No spooling problems with a supercharger! If that is in fact real, that supercharger would have to weigh about 400 lbs! I know the 6-71 I had on my 66 Chevelle weighed at least 100. If it is a fake, excellent photoshop job.

I am sure it will turn up in a magazine if it is the real deal. Don't know how you would see where you were going with that thing sitting there.

it way be ON the engine but it sure as hell is not a working supercharger. The thing would prolly take more hp to turn then what it produced at idle.. All a big one would do is to produce the amount of air needed to run a really big engine(locomotive) engine and would be wayyy to much air for a BB chevy. Id say BS

FlyinGN said:
it way be ON the engine but it sure as hell is not a working supercharger. The thing would prolly take more hp to turn then what it produced at idle.. All a big one would do is to produce the amount of air needed to run a really big engine(locomotive) engine and would be wayyy to much air for a BB chevy. Id say BS
If it is off a locomotive and to me it does look similar. The weight on them was about 650# And I don't think it would last long as the redline on a EMD loco. is 975 rpms. That thing would idle faster than that. Nobody in their right mind would do something as stupid as that. Would they? :eek:

fake blower?

. Don't know how you would see where you were going with that thing sitting there.[/QUOTE]

periscope :eek:

A 6-71 jimmy is designed to pump 426 cubic inches of air per revolution into a 6 cylinder 2-stroke diesel (6 cylinders x 71 cubic inches = 426, hence the name) meaning a 6-71 on an old 426 Hemi spinning at crank speed should be pumping 14.7 pounds of boost at WOT (exactly double atmospheric pressure, pumping losses notwithstanding)...

On the off-chance the housing IS real, then there ain't no rotors inside! I haven't a clue of its pumping capacity, but it's got to be well into the cubic FEET department per revolution, and with that nearly 1-1 pulley---methinks that would be a bit too much air for that engine!

That said--it's either a photoshop job or some railroad employee having some fun...
:)