Throwing Code 33

gn87turbo

Here's the backstory. Car was running fine, had it out a few weeks ago and got into it pretty good, immediately after started stumbling almost like one of the inner cooler hoses came off. Was able to get it home and since then I've replaced the MAF sensor with a new one and its still throwing code 33 which is MAF sensor. Today I start the car and it starts up and idles very normal and smooth, as soon as I put it into gear it starts the stumbling again. Once back in park it will idle up and smooth out. Stumbling begins when any gear is engaged the SES light is still on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Is this an aftermarket maf? Cardone remanf.'s the stock ones, but they are hit and miss, w/mostly miss. You would be better off w/an aftermarket and translator, which will also provide some tuning for you to play with. Did you remember to clear the codes? Also, if you are running the stock style flrx intake hose, look for a tare or leak in the hose as that will allow unmetered air to enter.

After doing all of the above and still throwing a code and rough idle, I took the refurbished MAF sensor I just purchased back to autozone and switched for another one and sure enough problem solved. Thanks for the help and sounds like its time for ls1 maf and translator.