Throttle body seals

The shipping is a little steep but I think they are the only ones in the u.s. That stock them(seemed like it) . I replaced mine about 4 weeks ago looked more placed than I cared to, ended up gettin from gbp and they end up giving me a few $$$ back on the shipping. I would take MDAVIS up for a purchase as long as there not very old, I believe they have a shelf life limit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the true source. You will likely have to call them to find a place near you that stocks them. I ended up getting directed to an industrial HVAC center but they damn sure carried them. Beware, they are still like $7 a piece from what I remember.

Saved this post from way back when? Hope this helps.:)

Replacement seals for throttle body shaft.
I found a great source for these seals, most turbo buicks need these seals replaced by now, they cake and crack over time leading to leaks you cant detect but hear them, these two seals sit on each side of the throttle body shaft, and are about the size of a dime, GM wont sell you these seals alone, they want to sell you the whole Throttle body which cost about an arm and a leg from them i found a great source for these seals, and trust me guys they need to be replaced if your car has more than 30k miles on it, the seal model and size are as follow, all metric size.

17x10x5B, the B at the end is the model of the seal if dont mention it you will get the wrong ones, you can get them from this supplier which is located in VA.

http://www.harwal.com

Harwal Inc.
P O Box 363
72 Industrial Lane
Barre, VT 05641
Phone: (802)223-0197.

just thought i share with everyone.

they run about $7.00 dollars each and there is no need to do mickey mouse work with these they are correct size and perfect fit.

87 GN, 42+ miles Stock motor, heads, intake, Home made cold air kit, 3 Row IE re-core, Terry Houston downpipe and cut out, stainless steel exaust, hooker mufflers, fuel regulator, hotwired SS fuel pump, Thunderfabs 21 row IC, 42.5 greentop bosch injectors, engine tiedown, Bilstein shocks, Scanmaster, High/low fan switch, VDO boost gauge, TA60, Volt booster, Rear seat braces, passenger & driver side airbag, Race and street chip, 275/60/15 BFG drag radials, aluminum drums, 3,500 Art Carr 9" NL convertor, Built Art Carr trannie, RJC power plate, SMC alky Injection, 25psi on 91pump, Electric Cutout,dual ramchargers fan, technical assistance provided by Lou Czarnota of Lake Forest CA.

11'S IS FAST ENOUGH.
Show all 10 posts from this thread on one page

TurboBuick.Com (http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/index.php)
- General Turbo Buick Tech (http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- replacement seals for Throttle body shaft. (http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=111147)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by turbo nasty on January 16th, 2004 01:37 AM:

thanx for the info...need more people doing stuff like this !!
Seems that when someone does there is no replies of thanx, cool, etc.

Atta boy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by FlyinGN on January 16th, 2004 02:32 AM:

yea thanks! That will save a lot of us a whole lotta $$

Posted by BigDaddy on January 16th, 2004 11:43 AM:

Thanks for the info

Posted by ThikStik on January 16th, 2004 03:19 PM:

Good One!
I have turbo 350/700r4 speedometer seals in mine now-work damn good. But am glad to know about proper part.
Thanks

94 Lt-1 Caprice, ex FBI, Orca whale.
EPA Quote, 1999-"The air is the cleanest it's been in the 30 years since records have been kept"
The general public actually believes the air is dirtier than its ever been! Fight the Tier 2 Clinton era new air standards!

Posted by trbojo on January 16th, 2004 05:58 PM:

1st- thanks. 2nd- if these seals are bad, could they cause a tip in hesitation? i can hear a slight whistle when opening the throttle slightly. thanks in advance.

'86 gn stock motor. walbro 340, billet adj. reg., rjc power plate: te60, cold air and tie down.13.50@101.9 2.06 60' best and only run. added pat's 3000 l/u 10", pts extreme bottom feed shallow, casper's heated o2 and volt booster.

Posted by GN87Mike on January 16th, 2004 06:24 PM:

Do you need to specify the material or does the "B" take care of style and material?

Thanks

Posted by FreddieWilliams on January 16th, 2004 06:27 PM:

Thank for the info!!!

But I think the part # is backwards since the web site states the part # reads like this:

I.D. / O.D. /Width / Type

You can not have a larger ID then OD.
Please swap the first 2 #'s around.

10-17-05B

Thanks again this is a great find.

252ci Stage 1, TA63, 55# inj, CAS V2 FM IC, CC 212/212 roller,
ported stock heads, PI 5-disc #6 LU conv
Just getting started tuning!!!

"Badgeless and Bulgeless"

Homepage
http://www.geocities.com/turbofreddie

Brutal 6 Racing
http://members.aol.com/skooby66/index.htm

Posted by FreddieWilliams on January 16th, 2004 06:32 PM:

GN87Mike,

According to the website, its only availible in NITRILE.

click here for link

252ci Stage 1, TA63, 55# inj, CAS V2 FM IC, CC 212/212 roller,
ported stock heads, PI 5-disc #6 LU conv
Just getting started tuning!!!

"Badgeless and Bulgeless"

Homepage
http://www.geocities.com/turbofreddie

Brutal 6 Racing
http://members.aol.com/skooby66/index.htm

Posted by wiked87gn on January 16th, 2004 08:41 PM:
yes mike you are right those are the correct numbers u gave.

guys the part i gave you takes care of the whole deal, they dont have the seals listed on thier website but if you ask for 10x17x5B it takes care of the whole thing, the seals are metal outside rubber inside with the loaded stainless steel spring just like the stock one that is on the car now, trust me i have these seals on my hands and they are the same thing that is on their now, and yes if you car hear a whistle they need to be replaced, my engine has only 40k and when i took the TB apart this seals where gone, they just felt apart the only thing holding them in place was the spring and shaft , these seals are the right part for the job, btw B is the lip style of the seal, the material is MBR whatever that means all i can say is i got them right here and i am looking at them they are the exact same thing that is inside the stock TB, you cant go wrong with these seals.

87 GN, 42+ miles Stock motor, heads, intake, Home made cold air kit, 3 Row IE re-core, Terry Houston downpipe and cut out, stainless steel exaust, hooker mufflers, fuel regulator, hotwired SS fuel pump, Thunderfabs 21 row IC, 42.5 greentop bosch injectors, engine tiedown, Bilstein shocks, Scanmaster, High/low fan switch, VDO boost gauge, TA60, Volt booster, Rear seat braces, passenger & driver side airbag, Race and street chip, 275/60/15 BFG drag radials, aluminum drums, 3,500 Art Carr 9" NL convertor, Built Art Carr trannie, RJC power plate, SMC alky Injection, 25psi on 91pump, Electric Cutout,dual ramchargers fan, technical assistance provided by Lou Czarnota of Lake Forest CA.

11'S IS FAST ENOUGH.