throttle blade adjustment screw ???

Swede2

I dont know anything!
Hi guys, the first post on a very long time for me... I have now got the car running at idle, but it hesitates when I push the gas and want to die and in some cases dies. I replaced the IAC last summer, it went better but I have not driving the car on 2-3 years due to problems that I havent been able to solve. I also replaced the EGR valve, and the car idled a bit better after that.

I wonder where the throttle blad adjustment screw are located ? If you stand on the driver side and look at the throttle body, is it the one that is on the right side of the "throttle arm". At least I found a screw that the throttle arm is "resting on" wich was proctected by a grey rubber thing...

Daniel

Ok... do no one know where the IAC adjustment screw is sitting ? And what about the TPS ?

I really need help here, I have not driven the car for about 2-3 years and need to take care of it before it collapse :)

Daniel

IAC adjustment screw is to the right of TB if your standing in front of the vehicle. The TPS is on the left side.

You do know if you adjust either one it affects the other. You want your IAC to be between 15 and 25 after car has been warmed up (closed loop). At idle, the TPS should be at .43/.44, WOT should 4.30 and above (don't quote me on this number it may be a little higher.

Dannyo

Ok thanks Danny, I will try to find the screws lol. I also remember that turbo inlet gasket falled of last year... I have not replaced it and maybe that can make the car stumble when I press the gas pedal ?

Daniel

Ok I dont find the screws but I dont think that is the problem...
I connected the maf pipe directly to the TB for a couple of minutes ago. The car runned very well, just as new... So with other words, the problem is between turbo and IC ? Any leak somewhere ? If its the IC I gonna kill myself, my old one went bad and I bought a buick ic, that I thought was good... maybe its not...

Daniel

Howdy Daniel!

It has been a long time! Please tell Uffe a big HOWDY for me.
OK! Hopefully you have turbolink or some other scan tool to be able to set this stuff, scanmaster is not really very good for this. The idle adjustment screw is on the driver side of the throttle body. When you put yer hand on the throttle lever to manually open the throttle blade you will see the screw it rest on. The throttle lever has 3 cables attached to it. You can quick set the iac by turning the key on (motor not running) and unplug the iac. Then turn the key off. Plug the iac back in. Turn the key back on and see what the tps volts are. Set the volts at 0.42 to 0.46 milivolts. When you have done that start the car and check rpm's. Set rpm's at 550 (the car has to be in drive when you do the rpm set) so engage the emergency brake and block the tires. The rpm's will move above and below 550 from about 500 to 600 but that is normal, just keep in that range. Check yer tps volts again and if they have changed just repeat the procedure until you get these numbers.

Ah, that was the best explanation so far Frank! Then I found the right screw with other words, it was the one I thought, but got confused by another post here :) I will set the iac tomorrow, but I doubt that is the fault, but it cant be worser by doing that!

The car run rather ok on idle, but as soon as you put it in reverse or drive it want to die. Also when you put a bit of throttle on it in D or R, it instantly chookes and want to shut off... and a bit hesitation on throttle at Park.

Unfortunately do I not have any contact with Uffe nowdays so I cant tell him hi from u.

Daniel

Daniel,

A lot of times the problem you are having is caused by the maf (mass air flow sensor). Do the settings I told you and if the problem continues changing the maf would be the next step. I highly recomend getting a translator from fullthrottlespeed.com and a LT1 maf. It's all plug and play but kinda pricey. You will save money in the long run though. The plastic stock maf is now junk! They are all remanufactured units now and as a rule, TRASH! The LT1 mas is aluminium and way more dependable. You will also see a bit better performance with this set up because it is far more accurate than the stock unit.

****S!

Sorry Daniel!

I see that you already have the translator. I guess I should read the sigs before I post. But! It still sounds like this could be the problem.

Ok... I warmed the car up fully and did not bother to do the IAC setting. Why do you maybe wonder ? Well the IAC was in part between 15-17 and thats fully normal counts to me... The rpm is inte 800 range in park.

I have made a gasket for the turbo inlet and put it on, no difference. TPS is in 42. The only value that is out of reach is BLM that is 150 in open loop, 128-130 in closed... The IC is ok, I connected the MAF to the tb directly and the car acts in the same way.

But when I press the throttle it sounds like a leak somewhere, and the BLM on 150 strengthen that thought ? If its a leak... then its just the problem to find where, can be anywhere I guess :(

Daniel

Oh... Frank, I also changed to the stock MAF again, but the car is in the same way, it does not seem to be a maf related problem either.

Daniel

Quicky One, yes I have a power plate installed... could that cause a problem ?

Daniel

Quicky One, yes I have a power plate installed... could that cause a problem ?

Daniel

Check your plenum bolts and see if they are loose and/or stripped. I had an issue just like this caused by a stripped one.

Jason

Hi again!

I blocked the vaccum block with a gasket (I layed a bit of gasket all over the vaccum block and pressed in the screws and the plastic "shell" in the gasket, and got some holes in the gasket... I am afraid that this was wrong made of me, what has happen with the left over material on the gasket, where the screw hole are now ? In the induction system ?? Can this cause harm ?)

Anyway, the BLM:s didnt move a count... still on 150. So its not a leak in thoose vaccum hoses... I guess thats something positive in this mess afterall... There was more smoke from the kn breathers than normally, is this normal when blocking off ?

I also checked the plenum bolts, they were tight as hell...

It sounds like its whistling somewhere in the engine... maybe that is the leak, but where the **** is it!

So I have still not find the problem and is loosing my patience... Crap car... I have had it standing now for 3 years! I shall sell it as soon as I get it running, if ever...

Daniel