Thrasher 108 with alchy

Swede2

I dont know anything!
Hi. I wonder if someone is running with the Trasher 108 chip and alchy, and in that case, how well goes it ?

I have stock stuff, and wonder if I can make around 18-20 psi with alchy and 108 chip. Or must I have the Thrasher 92 chip ?

Daniel

18-20 PSI boost no problem. 23-24..no way unless you have a low timing chip.

You will probably run faster with the 92 chip at 23 PSI than the 108 chip at 20 PSI. And probably have less detonation.

HTH

Hehe must buy a new battery to run the 92 chip with anti theft :(

The orginal turbo dosent support more than 20 psi right ? Or I mean the efficience does decrease fast right after 20 psi ? Well... I have to test it later on :) And Julio, I shall buy your kit instead of SMC, you have convinced me, lol.

Daniel

Daniel, The stock turbo will go to 23-24 PSI..I ran mine like that until I got the bigger one. The alcohol cools down the heated air so you can stretch it a little more than on race gas. Now your stock injectors at 110-112 will be at 100 percent duty cycle..so careful how much you push those.

12.1 at 112 with a 1.70 60 foot Nitto drag radials.

Easy starter fix..get a Thrasher 92 without the anti-theft :).. I have one laying around here ;)

I tried the 100 and 108 thrashers..at high boost..the car wouldnt like them..but this was with the SMC kit..so I dunno if additional alcohol would have let me run them knock free :)

Also fuel pump was running out at 110-112 MPH as well.

Some reason you guys in Sweden MPH better than us here :D

Julio, the MPH thing has I also think about. Both me and Andreas run high mph:s for our mods. But we cant start :) I think the best 60 foot a "swedish" TTA has had ever is around 1.95... Mine best is 2.10 with worn out Bfg DR.

Hmm... I already lay on the limit then... My best mph run is a bit over 112.4 mph... To bad I got a 2.44 60 on that run.

I wonder if I can do the fuel pump change myself... I have almost no experience in cars...

But it would be damn nice to be able to run like 12.1-12.3 almost stock...

Daniel

I'm running a T108 at 23-24 boost with Califonia 91 octane + alky with no KR. IMO it the best chip available. The negative is that some data recorded using DirectScan is not correct.

Ron, wich mods do you have and whats your 1/8 and 1/4 times ? Mph and 60 foots ? :)

Daniel

Originally posted by Ron Dona
I'm running a T108 at 23-24 boost with Califonia 91 octane + alky with no KR. IMO it the best chip available. The negative is that some data recorded using DirectScan is not correct.

Only data not correct is timing. Everything else is correct.

Daniel.. fuel pump is one of the TTA hard jobs. If you dont have the tools or a good mechanical aptitude, I wouldnt recommend you did it.

If you can take an engine out and install another one..mechanical aptitude, then you can do the fuel pump. Rear end, exhuast, suspension, brake lines, etc.. have to come down.

Origionally posted by Razor
Only data not correct is timing. Everything else is correct.

Razor,
Is the timing of the T108 known or is there a way to apply a correction factor to the DirectScan timing data to find the actual timing?

Origionally posted by Swede2.
wich mods do you have and whats your 1/8 and 1/4 times ? Mph and 60 foots ?

It's my daily driver with no track times.

If you do a search..there was a post a long time ago that someone did the test.

rule of thumb..its 16 degrees too high in reading.

I am running a T108 with alky and pump gas. I'm running 20psi w/o knock (other than shifts). I wouldn't throw a T108 and set the boost @ 20, and go for a ride, you'll be playing with it alot.

Here is how the car ran

Please note this is a peg leg (non-posi) car.

Stock turbos love lots of timing - just watch for knock.

Jeremy

About 5 or so years ago both Dman and I ran all the flavors of Thrasher including the "108" at about 25 lbs (93 octane) w/no real problems to mention. That was totally stock, you know, stock IC / turbo / injectors / heads, etc.
I do remember some knock in OD. I think it started to spike. Sorry, memory not great and too dang lazy to dig out the DS data.
I'd guess, judging from other high-timing chips I've used, the T-108 timing is likely 28 degrees or so.

When I was stock, I ran a MM 108 chip with alky. With the stock turbo/alky my car didn't like anything less than high timing.

My care wasn't a screamer, but I could drive to the track, cool down and then drive up to the line (93, alky, stock turbo, 108 chip) and click off 12.3 at around 105mph with no tuning.