thoughts on what hp and times with my combo

bttwracing86T

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE 6!
with my combo where should my hp and 1/4 times be at with the right tune. any ideas. 3700lbs with me in it

87 WE4
.020 block, dual row timing chain, ported factory heads and intake, RJC power plate, comp 210/215 cam, morel rollers, pac beehive springs, harland sharp 1.55 roller rockers,new front cover, new oil pump, new water pump, dave husek built transmission and 3021 9.5 converter, power logger, scan master, Turbo tweak 6.1 chip, lc1 wideband, lt1 maf, translator,racetronix 340lph, racetronix hotwire,80# injectors,6 return fuel line,acufab regulator, Precision 6266 turbo, 25psi boost,alky single nozzle,cas v4 slic, 3" downpipe, cutout, single 3" pypes race pro, 3 row aluminum race radiator, trans cooler,AC heat radio delete, south side machine lift arms, Koni adjustables,ta performance rear diff girdle,rear seat x brace, 275/60/15 mt drag radials

Last edited:
We have somewhat of the same build, so yours should be faster than mine if tuned correctly.

I ran 26# boost and 20* timing on the run in my signature.

so 1/4 that like 10.7 id imagine. a lil better 60' and i could on a good day probably go 10.5?

It depends on the goals. I wouldn't personally use a Garrett .63 for quicker than high 10's. It's not enough for that turbine. Loosening the converter will increase flash stall and hurt quarter mile performance potentially. If you aren't planning on running it for all I'd consider loosening the converter and the Garrett .63 ex housing. The housing itself will spool it 200-300rpm quicker. PM me about the housing if you want one

BPE2013@hotmail.com

i plan to give it all shes got at the track so mid 10's as you stated it potential. so if i wanna do that just loosen the converter if i read that right.

i am loosening it because it wont build boost the other day i was at the buick meet and standing on the break in a parking lot and standing full throttle on the gas it took 9 seconds to build 4psi of boost. i have a log on this sight ill see if i can find it to link it so you can see

Something is definitely not right. Even with a cracked header, tight converter, & the larger ex. housing all at the same time, I would imagine it would spool to over 4lbs in less than 9 seconds!

How much boost can you get while driving (not braking) at WOT? And how did you verify the WG?

i am loosening it because it wont build boost the other day i was at the buick meet and standing on the break in a parking lot and standing full throttle on the gas it took 9 seconds to build 4psi of boost. i have a log on this sight ill see if i can find it to link it so you can see
I doubt the converter is your problem if the rpm is up around 2800. Check your swing valve assembly. Had plenty of problems with after market crap lately

BPE2013@hotmail.com

i couldnt get a good picture but i was able to see marks all the way around the housing where puck sits and all was covered ...

Can you post a pic of the Puck. It needs at least an 1/8th inch to seal.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app