thoughts on this turbo

Looks like an old school exhaust wheel - worth a bunch more power if you went with an turbonetics F1 or PTE variant of a 76mm. My guess is that it's an old turbonetics copy (chinese). This is only my guess. I'm not trying to bash nor do I know anything about this vendor.

What is more important, saving some money or getting a good reliable turbo?
Will the money you saved offset the expense of repair if it fails.

What motor is this for?
CID?
RPM?
Usage?

We have found many times a larger hotside (T-6) and correct turbine will make more power with cooler IAT's. No to mention lower back pressure.

its a slapped together 5.3 budget build ,just thought price was close to the master power everyone uses and this is a better bearing (i think)...

We have never used that band. The MP now cast about the same a comparable PT. Still bang for the buck the BW S400-75-1.32 is a great unit for the money, just larger.
The BW 75mm T-6 will perform well with the 5.3 and if you fit the large turbo now no need to refit and change tubing if you go larger (motor) in the future...

What is more important, saving some money or getting a good reliable turbo?
Will the money you saved offset the expense of repair if it fails.

What motor is this for?
CID?
RPM?
Usage?

We have found many times a larger hotside (T-6) and correct turbine will make more power with cooler IAT's. No to mention lower back pressure.

So if you were going to turbocharge a 6.0L Vortec that was pretty much stock or a small turbo cam and L92 heads for weekend/street race/mid 10s or so at the track in a Regal, what turbo would you use if you were on a budget?

Budget... adding a turbo will blow your budget.

Borg Warner will be the lowest cost (t-6 1.32),
Master Power next
Precision Billet

For the 6.0 I would use a 75~76mm min compressor.
The turbine and hotside AR is dependent the rest of the combo, Stall, Gears, RPM, ect...

trying to decide between these 2---anyone have input...

BW s400-75 ETT, 950 hp,1.10ar,83mm t6 flange price 649

or

BW s400-75 ETT, 1000hp,1.32ar,96mm t6 flange price 649

want better spool not so much lag..

trying to decide between these 2---anyone have input...

BW s400-75 ETT, 950 hp,1.10ar,83mm t6 flange price 649

or

BW s400-75 ETT, 1000hp,1.32ar,96mm t6 flange price 649

want better spool not so much lag..

That 1.10 would spool up better. Plus if it's good to 950 hp, are you really going to make more than that? That's a loooooot of power!

That thing has a very small exhaust ar, it would spool in no time :eek:

Spool is in the tune and parts. We can spool a 101mm with a 284, a 6.0l should be able to spool a 75mm.........
Go with the BW475, AR 1.32, T-6,

Anything smaller than the 96 turbine is going to be a restriction. Keep back pressure in check will allow for great performance and the ability to move more air with less heat. Making pressure at lower temp is very important if your trying to use pump gas.

Spool is in the tune and parts. We can spool a 101mm with a 284, a 6.0l should be able to spool a 75mm.........
Go with the BW475, AR 1.32, T-6,

Anything smaller than the 96 turbine is going to be a restriction. Keep back pressure in check will allow for great performance and the ability to move more air with less heat. Making pressure at lower temp is very important if your trying to use pump gas.

x2