thoughts on atr exhaust

turbo_tomas

In the market for new exhaust. Thinking about ATR. Any experience with the 2.5" stainless system. thanks

i have the ATR SS dual 2 1/2 and it sounds good but above 4k or so it's kinda raspy with the pit bulls, but i just put some DynoMax SS Ultra Flows(round style) on and it doesn't have that common (drone) and it's not as loud at all rpm ranges. i like it, it gives it that sleeper sound.hehe and if you get a ATR system, don't get the aluminized ones, mine rusted out after 5 years, the stainless will last forever. HTH

ATR exhaust

hey dude

Go with the SS crossflow 3inch and be done with it. it's kinda pricey but for the money and how well it works and fits the car it's great.

i went from a Flowmaster exhaust to the 3 inch and what one hell of a diffrence it made. just by changing the exhaust the car made about 3 more psi of boost after i installed it on the car.

ATR Single Shot...

I'm using ATR's 3in. Single Shot system, andI like it a lot!...It fits real nice, plus one muffler instead of two is more than enough to get the exhaust fumes out.. The only thing that bothers some people is that it's a little noisy, but it's not my everyday car, so I can live with it, but that is a matter of personal taste...either you like it or either you dont! !.
Claude :)

P.S: pics available...

I picked up about 2 psi also, going form 2 1/2 w/dynomax to ATR 3" w/pits. Sounds great to me and fabalous at the cruise seen. :D

I installed the ATR 3" SS with dual Mufflers. I shouldn't have wasted $250.00 for a new radio, cause the exhaust is loud. But I find I like the exhaust sound better than the radio anyway. :D
Nice fit and looks great with the big 3" pipes comming out the sides.

I really like my 3" Crossflow It has the looks of the big 3" duel tail pipes without the weight of the two muffler 3" system. Sounds great too. Deep and mellow at idle and light throttle, a raspy bark as you lean into it, and all he!! breaks loose once you clear 5 psi of boost :eek: :D

I also recently tossed a set of flowmasters put on by the previous owner and installed the ATR 3" Dual crossflow and it sounds much better. I haven't been able to take it on the road, but I should pick up some boost like the other guys.

Also the kit comes complete with a new cat hanger rubber piece and hardware to bolt the tailpipes to the frame. No chance of them hitting. I would just suggest replacing the clamps with 3" SS Band clamps from JC Whitney. They seal 100% and work so much better. I have pictures of the install if you would like to see them.

I have the ATR 3" SS with the Pitbull mufflers and a high flow cat, and it definitely drones a little under load when cruising. However, the gains or the seat-of-the-pants dyno test sez it's worth it. When the import gnats pull up and start reving the coffee cans, I just nail it and let them hear the turbo spool and let them read the rear license plate frame; "It's better to be BLOWN"...Talk about intimidation, I've lost a lot money over years from kids backing off from the ATR and Pitbulls.

But If you're looking for the ultimate sleeper, stay away from the Dog pound and the PitBulls!