Those with Q Forms in the kick panels, do they get in the way of your feet?

BuickMike

Money pit
I'm thinking about getting some Q Logic Q forms for my kick panels and was wondering if they are in the way at all?

In the way of my feet? No. Sound good? Yes. Can I use my ebrake ever again? No......lol

There is a bracket/spacer thing-a-majiggum that spaces your e-brake out so that you can use it.

You wont have a problem with them. Just make sure to put some dynamat or bed-liner, or something to thicken them up so they dont resonate and have a "howling" sound - they are known for that.
but as far as speaker placement, you would have a hard time doing anything better.. unless you wanted to put waveguides under the dash like I did. :p

U guys got any pics of the Q forms in a car???? I'm just curious.

Thanks

You wont have a problem with them. Just make sure to put some dynamat or bed-liner, or something to thicken them up so they dont resonate and have a "howling" sound - they are known for that.
but as far as speaker placement, you would have a hard time doing anything better.. unless you wanted to put waveguides under the dash like I did. :p

I will probably get some Image Dynamics horns and put them under the dash one day and put their 6.5" woofers in the door. A long time ago (in the 90's) I put some CD1E's under the dash of my friend's Ranger and put IDQ6's in the doors. It sounded AWESOME. It was loud as hell and the imaging was fantastic. We had their passive crossover on them and were running them with a small 2 channel Kicker amp. I sold him my old Hifonics Cupid and had it bridged mono to a pair of JL Audio 8W1's (not those crappy W0's) in ported boxes behind the seats. The bass was LOUD, super tight, deep, and musical. Those 8's worked better ported than sealed IMO. We put a couple in sealed enclosures behind the seats of my friend's MR2 and it felt like getting hit in the back with a baseball bat. It was also louder outside of the car. Still was good, but not half as musical as the ported boxes.

I'm mounting mine behind the glove box. I'm going to get another plastic glove box piece and make it narrower so it can clear the ECM.

I will probably get some Image Dynamics horns and put them under the dash one day and put their 6.5" woofers in the door. A long time ago (in the 90's) I put some CD1E's under the dash of my friend's Ranger and put IDQ6's in the doors. It sounded AWESOME. It was loud as hell and the imaging was fantastic. We had their passive crossover on them and were running them with a small 2 channel Kicker amp. I sold him my old Hifonics Cupid and had it bridged mono to a pair of JL Audio 8W1's (not those crappy W0's) in ported boxes behind the seats. The bass was LOUD, super tight, deep, and musical. Those 8's worked better ported than sealed IMO. We put a couple in sealed enclosures behind the seats of my friend's MR2 and it felt like getting hit in the back with a baseball bat. It was also louder outside of the car. Still was good, but not half as musical as the ported boxes.

I agree with you, ported boxes always sounded more musical too me.. but servo controlled sealed boxes handeled the transients best. Thta's why - if I ever change - I'm going MAPD; so far it seems to be the best of both worlds.

i have the kick panels and they sound awesome. only thing i did is a couple of time i would make a misktake and hit it on the driver side and it put a small dent in the grill thats over the speaker. no damage to the speaker. the e brake spacer lets u still use the ebrake.
and i moved my ecu(well i have a F.A.ST. system) and mounted it under the seat. no problems at all and they sound great.

i have the kick panels and they sound awesome. only thing i did is a couple of time i would make a misktake and hit it on the driver side and it put a small dent in the grill thats over the speaker. no damage to the speaker. the e brake spacer lets u still use the ebrake.
and i moved my ecu(well i have a F.A.ST. system) and mounted it under the seat. no problems at all and they sound great.

Where do you get the e brake spacer at?
Thanks

i have a question about the q forms do they sound better that the speaker placement for the concert sound system?

i have replaced the factory concert sound speakers with components and i was wondering would they sound better moving them to the q forms on the floor?

It will sound about 400% better due to the stereo image and sound-stage being there due to path-length differences being negated.
This picture illustrates on thier website..

car_qforms1.jpg