Those that have the GBody Tubular Lower & Upper A-Arms....

I would like to know how they have been working for you, any issues, how long you have had them, hints to help align if needed, ect.ect.. Looking to possible buy a set and just doing my research, not a lot out there but the few threads under the search seem to be positive.

I only have the lowers so haven't done any alignment. They have been on for several years (not sure how many- probably 5+ but maybe 9) with no problems. I foot brake usually around 1.5 60'.

Mike

I've got a set of Gbody Parts tubular upper A arms installed (with greasable spherical steel bushings that don't get affected by heat) with 1/2" taller ball joints & UMI's tubular lower A Arms with Delrin bushings. Have had these installed for the past couple of seasons & am quite happy with them. No issues. Just be sure to have the front end set up by a competent alignment shop.

Did u do the 1/2" taller ball joints or did G-Body when u bought them? Did the taller ball joint make a difference?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have the two left speedway upper bars; 8.5" long vs the factory 8.4" w/ the 1/2" taller ball joint. I left the factory springs and stock lowers on. New body bushings though, but the car handles and rides and drives GREAT! As mentioned, good allignment is key. Hard to beat the $50/arm price through speedway too. Greasable poly bushings and all.

Did u do the 1/2" taller ball joints or did G-Body when u bought them? Did the taller ball joint make a difference?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I purchased the 1/2" taller upper ball joints myself & installed them on the A Arms. Since I installed the entire set up at once, can't really say what improvements the taller ball joints made by themselves, but would agree with we4Mateo that the handling & steering has improved exponentially.
No regrets here on any of the installed items.

. . . . the handling & steering has improved exponentially.
No regrets here on any of the installed items.
Getting ready to do this.
What condition were the oem bushings in?
Did the new uppers and lowers affect ride quality?

Getting ready to do this.
What condition were the oem bushings in?
Did the new uppers and lowers affect ride quality?

Bushings in the factory A Arms were original with 60,000+ miles on em....not too bad condition really......since changing over my set up, the car rides more stable & is a lot more responsive.