Those of you with moog springs and 17s

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
I've went through a lot of threads already but it seems there's always a few details missing to questions I have. To start off with I have 5658s and 5413 springs and bilstein shocks. Everything else is stock replacement, nothing fancy. As of now the car rides and handles good imo. One thing I've always noticed is the front seems a little high, especially after going to 17 in wheels and even running a 245/45 tire. Even with the stock size front tire it always seemed like it could go down a bit more with no ill effects. Rolled with Jdpolzin on the power tour and he thought the 1 inch (taller) lower ball joint would do the trick, but said the front tire may rub after swapping the lower ball joint. With all being said, is anyone running this setup with the 245/45 tire?

Another issue I have is with running the 275/40 tire on the back with the 9.5 wheel. As of now there is no rubbing but I'd really like to go with a 285/40 tire. The wheel seems to have the correct offset. I currently have aluminum drums on the rear. Can I get this tire to fit by running a cast drum to bring the wheel in just slightly and not have an issue? I know all cars are different with body and rear spacing. Just trying to get other's opinions on this. I've seen this rear tire used on a monte ss with the same wheel setup I have and it looks perfect. Imo the 275/40 is just too damn short and looks almost ricey.

Thoughts? Concerns? Feelings?

285/40/17 17x9.5 wheel 4.5 backspace. Rear sits at 25.75 inches off the ground to the bottom of the quarter molding. Quarters are trimmed and slightly rolled up to the screws on the molding. The backspace was supposed to be 4.75 on rear and 4.5 on front but Intro mistakenly made all 4 wheels with 4.5. Rides pretty hard but looks awesome. I bottom out the suspension on big bumps but don't cut the tires so I am cool with that.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1402957720623.jpg
    1402957720623.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 98
  • 1402957770217.jpg
    1402957770217.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 87
Awesome! So worst case scenario I may have to roll the lip slightly. No biggie. You must be lower than I am if you are bottoming out. Last week I had the trunk loaded down, a passenger and the backseat full of stuff and didn't hit on a single bump. 285s it is!