third gen swap

im currently in the middle of a gn motor swap in my '90 camaro. got the motor mounts from hrpartsn'stuff, i'am very pleased with them,it fell in there. do i need to upgrade my dash or can i get away with the stock gauges? also do i need to notch the frame for dp clearance if i have stock headers on it?

If you use your stock dash make sure you use the stock "Camaro" sending units for the gauges. If it was a V8 car you'll need to do somthing with the Tac feed as it won't read right with V6 pulses being fed to it.
All the gauge wires come from the drivers side bulk head (RH side of booster)

Notching the unibody sure makes it easier for the downpipe. I notched mine alot to fit a 5" downipipe that blends under the car to dual 3" with Ultra flow mufflers.
Camaro08.JPG

I'm sure 88Z or I can answer any questions you got. :)
~Scott

thanks for the info. very clean engine bay- i like it. im already running a autometer tach-before i just plugged into the msd box. what do i do to make it work with the new motor?

In the back of the tac there will be a switch... just select 6cyl and you should be good to go off the white wire on the Buick Coil pack.

No real need for MSD on our stuff. Some of the big guys run distributers but I've got no Idea why to be honest. I'd go coil on plug before going back to
a dist.
E-mail me anytime
UR50SLO@aol.com
Scott~

ok thanks. ya ive had nuthin but carbed 350's with msd ignitions. its a big change goin to the 3.8 sfi. but i cant wait to get it going

That's where I came from too... sbc/Nos and now all I have around here is
Syclones/Typhoons GN's Evo's and WRX's. Lol.

Same here sbc/nos to 3.8. The swap was one the best things I did to the car. I'll be happy to help with questions too.

can anyone help me out on a few more things? what does the back alternator bracket bolt to? and where does the power steering bracket bolt to? any detailed photos and or descriptions would be appreciated

fbody swap parts

I am currently changing my hybrid back to stock. I have an 87 camaro with gn motor and trans. I have a spohn crossmember with torque arm for the 2004r and an engine wiring harness. Pm if interested.:)

F-Body Custom 3" Downpipe

I have a 3" Downpipe w/ HKS External Wastegate thats made to fit the third gen fbody's. Im selling because Im going LSx.

It will fit the Buick Headed swaps and mate to the 86-92 Single Cat V8 Exhausts.

PM Me if interested in pictures!!!

Chris

in my '90 camaro i was running the dual fans when i had my v8 in it. could these still be used with the grand national engine swap?

in my '90 camaro i was running the dual fans when i had my v8 in it. could these still be used with the grand national engine swap?

Yeah, My firebird has a factory single fan setup and I made it work. If all else fails, you can just wire it up off 12v ignition and run it whenever the car is on too. But the GN Harness has Fan Controls in it.:cool: