thinking of selling or trading my gn

03 04 Cobra? Why would you want to go slower? Dude, you have everything you need to go fast. TurboTweak has already done the tune-up for you. The rest is cake. Just fine tune it. Put good gas in it and let it rip.

Tony, almost sounds like it would be a shame to pass on the GN without getting a few really nice timeslips and photos before she goes, you have some nice equipment on her and should be a fantastic performer, what are the chances your car is suffering from inadaquate valve springs? there have been many people struggle with having all sorts of good pieces combined that never ran as they should have, all due to weak springs.
Would be a very cool thing if you could hook up with a few TB brothers for a weekend of precision adjusting and tuning then a planned outing at a dragstrip for some video and timed runs, might be able to make the decision easier(either way), wheels up with a "tenner"-she stays, spinning slicks and misfires-she goes.
Best of luck buddy, either way, you've taken great care of her, kudo's.

Kevin.

Oh and to all to the tuning, and reliability factor...the Cobra is not bulletproof. The car i posted about is on its 2nd engine and I had another friend melt a piston racing a vette on the highway. They are nice but all hot rods break. I agree with the others, tune your car and enjoy it! I tink about selling mine every time I have a problem...:tongue:. But, when I cruise the local spots with the 03 Cobra, and a friends 87 MC SS(SBC+Nitrous). I get the most attention and compliments...:biggrin:

I had my GN out for the first time in about (6) years tonight (just had it painted), and forgot just how much attention they grab. My wife was with me and couldn't believe all the looks either. One guy stopped me and said he had an 86 GN about (12) years ago and sold it at a gas station one day for a nice profit to a guy that just had to have it! Hold on to the GN for awhile, I believe their value will take off in the next 5-10 years. I went the Mustang route last year (wanted a Cobra, but settled on a tripple black GT convertible) and it just wasn't the same as the GN, although it was a fun car too.

kevin, the car seems really sound. the only issue i have is not wanting to go to the track or upping the boost til being fined tuned. but the more i hear all the comments, the more i wanna keep her.

I wish my car had the mods that yours does,Iim walkin down the road youve been down already and id sell my big toe before gettin rid of my gn..Especially not to get a mustang..I can appreciate any fast car but mustangs have a billy bad a$$ mustang owner stigma..Id never want to be part of that club....

I just got mine runniing again. I was getting the feeling you have. Kinda tired of the BS with it. But, I took it out on its first voyage today and stopped at OReillys 1 mile from my house. The workers came outside to check out the car. People were stopping on their way in to look. Seriously, the car hasn't been out for 2 years!! It's first trip out and it was like Clint Eastwood walked in or something!! It was nuts how much respect these cars have. I am in love again! Dude, do not sell that car unless you get a stupid-high offer. 20 grand aint enough and Terminators will never get the respect of Dart Vader..ever!

I know how you feel. These cars are expensive and can be tempermental. My wife and I are looking at an 03 Cobra in the next year or so. They are fun to drive and my wife wants something that might have a chance at keeping up with the GN! Problem for her is that I'm the chief mechanic..he he! All joking aside, I'd keep the GN, because they are in a class of their own and have an aura and mistique that the Cobra won't have. GN's are on the upswing in value, while the 03's are still doing down and probably won't bottom for a few more years. Don't get discouraged, stick it out. These cars are head turners!:biggrin:

I have to agree with the majority, dude. Keep the GN, it appears to be a very badass car, and once you get it tuned correctly it will haul ass. Plus I love the GNX look you've got going on!

I recently bought my first GN and I love this car. I don't have quite the mod list you do, but I get thumbs up everywhere I go. Its a great car to drive, gets ok mileage if I keep my foot out of it, and there's something about that sound... The whole car makes me go six to midnight in seconds flat - BOING!!! The only other car that I have been as passionate about were my 68 and 69 Dodge Charger R/T's.

My best friend has an 04 Cobra. All bolt-ons and he spun the drum last month to the tune of 460 rwhp. He is looking to sell/trade towards a z06. He sold his GN to get the Cobra... And now he wants to get something different. I really liked his GN, so between his and theCATman's GN I got a hard-on to see what all the fuss is about. Bottom line - Once you go black, you never go back :D

This?

Or This?

tonys87 said:
i most likely gotta sell or trade the gn
WHAT??...Tony...after all the work time patience and money you've gone through to make it look great (especially with the GNX-style wheels...:biggrin:, flares, Cotton's camshaft, etc... ), you wanna sell it??...:confused:...You haven't even enjoyed it for one full year! :confused:

I'm very tempted to get myself a 2011 Shelby convertible, but if I ever do, I'll sell my Thunderbird, NOT my GN!...

moparkid said:
The only other car that I have been as passionate about were my 68 and 69 Dodge Charger R/T's.
Me too!...I had a '69 R/T which my dad bought brand new in December '68...The car is still in great condition (has been restored) and now resides in England! See last pic below...

Claude. :smile:

might be a new owner of a 03 black on black vert with 20,000 miles:cool:. cant wait! and yes im keepin the gn!:):):)

Good luck! My two favorite cars ever, GN's and Terminators..I also like how 03-04 Cobra's routinely beat up on heavier GT500's..

i lost the winning bid the last second of the auction:mad: i was really looking foward to being the new owner

Is the bottom end stock!!!, if so good luck looking for 10's in the near future, you will be looking at 10 thousand to have it redone when it goes out, stock bottom ends are good for maybe low 11's before the crank starts to flex and spin a bearing or worst just break under the pressure, seen it one too many times with cars that were finely tuned, the motor just cant handle it without some good parts in the bottom end and a good tuner, good luck.. ;)

PM sent :cool:

It is the one Moparkid posted up in the thread. It has had some changes since the 460 dyno numbers. Pulley/ported blower Cobra.

update

I never really updated this thread after buying a black 04 cobra. Long story short.. I keeped it for about 3-4 months tops. Glad I didn't make the mistake of selling or trading the GN for a cobra.