Thinking About Swapping Over, Thinking Of Blow Through With TH400. Any Tips?

GNVYUS 1

I'm in hell so I figured I come over here to see if there's a way out.

I'm thinking of going Blow Through unless the ECM is a simple tweak to get it running with boosted power.
Taking out the EFI would save a ton of headaches since I'm not bad at tuning carbs.

Any links to blow through setups with these engines?

It appears as if the 4.8 and 5.3 are better for boosting as a donor engine, just sounds like a quick top ring gap opening and ARP rod bolts will safely handle 700-800 without much issue.

Have you seen what CSU, C&S twin turbo setups run? It's not 1980 anymore, it's an option for those of us who know how to tune a carb which is why I asked.

But it appears as if the 5.3L with harness and ECU can be had for around $800 so that's not a big deal after a flash.

Yeah the only thing I'd ever use a blow through on is a straight up drag car or a boat. I was going to build a twin turbo LsX drag boat this winter, but I've decided on a mile racer instead. When it all boils down to it, carb vs. efi comes out to about the same price for what I wanted (1000hp E85 fuel system).

I might wind up running a blow through on the mile racer though just because all I really need is idle and WFO haha. I will be using E85, and if I went blow through I would not run an I/C.

Yeah the only thing I'd ever use a blow through on is a straight up drag car or a boat. I was going to build a twin turbo LsX drag boat this winter, but I've decided on a mile racer instead. When it all boils down to it, carb vs. efi comes out to about the same price for what I wanted (1000hp E85 fuel system).

I might wind up running a blow through on the mile racer though just because all I really need is idle and WFO haha. I will be using E85, and if I went blow through I would not run an I/C.

I am going non intercooled efi with e85, might hit is with some meth if the egt's get high. Running twins will keep the boost low and cool.