Thinking about selling, whats it worth??

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
As the title says I'm thinking about selling my TTA. Its basically a survivor with 52k on it. Give yall a list of the bad:
Needs paint (hood and roof are checking), headliner and seats need to be redone (really just drivers seat), headlight motors are shot, heater core is bypassed but AC works as well as all accessories. Saved the worst for last, lifter tap (i believe) and during my last oil change I noticed some metallic flakes in the oil. It does make noise on startup after sitting for a week or so, noise goes away after a second or two of running.
Now for some good news, has relatively new Walbro pump, 100# valve springs, struts and shocks were replaced recently, Turbo Tweak street chip, new tires, Scanmaster installed. Runs and drives fine other than the annoying lifter tap which you only hear sitting in traffic. Took it to Cruising the Coast a few months ago with no trouble at all, about 250 miles of driving. Oh yeah body is straight and no rust. Just looking for opinions on value as I'm "thinking" about selling.

Sounds like your cam is hating the extra spring pressure. Could be wiping a cam lobe or eating a lifter. Depends on if that is the stock cam. If your gonna sell it like that, fator in someone pulling the cam/lifters and installing new...If thats what it is.

It also depends on how much hardened material (shavings) is affecting your bearings too.
It is very hard to determine a price at this point.

I sold my TTA with 80k mile in your condition with a blown motor and built trans with cage and bunch of other goodies for 5k

Hmm...so your guess is that it could be a cam swap fix? Yes it is a stock cam.

I would search your problem in the motor section and go from there. Me..... Without actually hearing or seeing the car, There isnt a sure diagnosis. I think im in the ballpark tho. That should direct you a little. Start searching "wiped cam" in the motor section and see what you think.

Saved the worst for last, lifter tap (i believe) and during my last oil change I noticed some metallic flakes in the oil. It does make noise on startup after sitting for a week or so, noise goes away after a second or two of running.

Based on you milage, seems like the car sat for extended periods. Mine sat for 3 years. Upon resurrection it had a similar lifter tap which would go away once the engine warmed up. One quart of Rislone oil additive and its been gone ever since.