Thinking about selling the GN for this... Please talk me out of it

While our cars are old and a bit cranky, like a woman you married when you were 18 and made it 30 years so far, they're unique and not "cookie cutter" cars. While the newer cars make more power they've got a lot of electronics on them and they will fail or screw up. These cars were the first of a new generation of cars and have a reputation like that girl you kept hearing about in high school. Really fast and fun to have.:D If you want to get out you'll end up looking at pics or hearing stories and regretting the fact that you were the one that ended the love affair with a legend.;)

The GN's have their own problems but the curse of the Camaro (and the Mustang) (and it has always been) is that anybody can have a new one and apparently half of the population already do. Does that make sense?, probably not, I mean anybody with money can have any car but usually if you have a GN you're not some dickhead that can't even change oil- most of the time you worked for it and not at an office desk. . Everything looks awesome and headache free when new. I saw a new black ZL1 at the dealership (marked sold) while I was buying a truck, I walked up to the ZL1 and the only thing that really caught my eye was the huge tires but for the most part it reminds me of a typical new throwaway car. I'm jaded I guess.

Dont do it esp not a convertible i like the idea of keep the gn and buy the 1le for 15 gs less to use as ur daily....

I don't feel comfortable in the new Camaros. I can't see shit out of it. Don't like how high the window is on the door, cant rest your elbow out the window. I fit the Corvette better. Take your car to a big show. See how many Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers are there. Then see how many people hang around looking at them. Compare that number to your car.

Take this from a guy who had an 07shelby gt500. They have there own set of problems. I had tsb issues, had the clutch replaced 3 times due to the fact that the tranny could not handle the power. I also had a vert that came with its own set of issues. They are fun and cool. The GN is way cooler I get much more complements with it. Lastly the maro will be dated in short time when a new model comes out. The GN will for ever be classic. If u sell please sell me those rims and breaks.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I want to thank everybody for there input, listen to you guys reasons to keep it and my friends that keeps reminding me on how much money and time that i put into the GN would not be worth selling.... Which they are right, everything on the GN was replaced with new parts...So i guess i will keep it for now. Also i was thinking one car payment could probably fix all my problems on the GN

Its funny you post this, cause i was at the dealership looking for a Grand Sport...Thats when i seen the ZL1 Camero...Very sharp looking Vette

I just recently got a Challenger SRT8 after driving the GT500 and ZL1, they are all great cars and very different than the GN, but my GN is going no where ever. Just drove it today, gets the thumbs up everywhere...then it popped at 15lbs of boost, blew the uppipe off, put it back on and wouldn't start...First time the GN has ever left me stranded in the 22+ years I've owned it....but there were at least 5 people stopped in 15 minutes saying its a bad az car...one guy even turned around and came back after talking to me and said "No matter how many problems that car gives you in the future, you should never ever get rid of it, you'll regret it if you did"...I told him there was no way this car was ever going anywhere not to worry :) Two guys even offer to run their their house to get some tools if I needed any, think you would get that in a Camaro? ..but I ended up having AAA tow it home :(

I feel your pain. My car gives me headaches galore. I'm hoping to get some of the last major gremlins out and finally enjoy it, but it is still going to break something again at some point. Part of me wants to sell it for something new and hassle free. I think most of that is due to the fact that when I got this car back in '98, the intention was to have a "modern musclecar" and not a classic. Now it is a classic. Yes, it gets lots of attention and I love that. On the other hand, it is a quirky old car now and I just don't find it fun to work on. I would much rather fix something like an old GS that is much simpler to work on. I'm still on the fence about my long term goals with the car. Only time will tell.

Sorry to hear about your GN, have you found the problem yet?
Not yet but have narrowed it down to either crank or cam sensor, all else checked out ok. Will know more when i have time later in the week. I have a post on it in the tech sect.

Rob, I'll bet my $$ on the crank sensor. Was you planning on Noble?

And the vote on the ZL1 if there was one. NO!

I can see it now black sinister GN pulls next to a convertible ZL1. Good bye Chebby. :D

Don't do it! I sold one and had sellers remorse so bad, I had to get another one. I sold it before I went into the army,
Figuring if I leave it, someone will steal it. I when I got stationed in kentucky, and saw all those Buicks, I went and got another one ASAP! I could not think of being with out mine.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Walk away from the GN and give yourself some time to think. One of the worst things people can do is make decisions when we're frustrated. I agree with all points about the GN being worth the trouble. If you own a 20+ year old vehicle, don't be surprised when it breaks down. Nothing lasts forever, so we all should expect these kinds of things. We all knew what we were getting into, yet we did it anyway. Now who regrets buying their turbo Buick? Not me...and mine broke down 30 mins after I bought it! Had one guy say "nice Monte, did you do this interior" :rolleyes: and another explain to his g/f that it was the fastest production car, ect...(which actually surprised me)...and here I was in the gas station parking lot broke down! Wow, it was kind of strange.