Thinking about parting a beautiful 87

HGturboT

HomeGrownPerformanceLV
This Kills me but I really have no other choice :frown: Still not sure what I wanna do but I guess I wanna see what kind of feed back I get. This car is complete w/ a bad motor and just can't afford to rebuild it rite now and I can't get it to sell the way it is sooo...

Just to throw a few out there...

3" RJC intercooler
Aluminum champion heads
Full 3" stainless exhaust from ATR (I know..nobody uses them...sorry)

Basically From the complete fuel system to the stereo this car has a lot of money into it! I'll get better info for you guys upon request from the Turbo (pte 60 I believe) roller cam etc.. I'll also try to get up some pics. Like I said just wanna see what kind of feed back I get just not 100% sure what to, tearing me apart thinking about this.

You should list the whole car on the board. Its way easier than trying to sell the parts as that will take months and you have to tear it down ,box and ship stuff, keep track of payment, shipping, delivery, damage claims...blah blah blah. Then you get people who complain that stuff is not mint. not to mention all the parts you will never get sold. take some pics post them up sell the whole car defiantly the easiest route.

If its just the motor then park it for 3 months & save up $$$ to go thru it all.
Take your time & pull it one month, clean it up the next etc How much can it cost for the machine shop & maybe some pistons & rings?

If you do decide to part it out, I'd be interested in the door panel uppers, and maybe the bumper fillers if they're all in good shape.

Don't part it

If its just the motor then park it for 3 months & save up $$$ to go thru it all.
Take your time & pull it one month, clean it up the next etc How much can it cost for the machine shop & maybe some pistons & rings?

I'm in the same boat, bad motor, but I've been putting a little aside every month waiting till I have enough to get the engine done...I'm almost there. Yes, it will be no fun for a little while, while your putting money aside, but I think you will regret parting it out.

Steve

come on guys this guy needs to fix it up not tear it apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It cant be that bad i just blew mine up it ended up a rod bearing from #6 spinning.Timing cover gasket blew flooded the engine with coolent and i guess coolent doesnt lubercate as good as oil (lol) Not that bad.... crank turned and rod reconditioned new seals and gaskets and away we go!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that, but if you do end up parting it out, let me know a price on the front clip. I'd buy both sides (if you don't know what I'm talking about pm me and I'll send you a picture).

Don't part this car! There will be someone out there who will give you the money for it without letting another regal die in vain. at least throw it up on Ebay and see if you get close to what you need out of it.