Thinking about manual steering

richardv6

Ok I am thinking about putting a manual gear box on but not sure how we'll it works and what parts I will need..any one on here had experience with this ? I hear s10 box but not sure what year also if pitman arm has to be changed as we'll.don't want something that's pain to steer other wise I would keep ps.so if some one could give feedback that would be great.thanks

S-10 box with arm. Get a Jeep shaft, no rag joint. Skinnies up front help too. I wouldn't do it on a street car, no benefit. Phil.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes, the ratio is different.

Sent from my ADR6350 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I got a s10 box for $150 shipped if you need one

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Think i will stick with ps..since it's a street car

Smart decision! :)

When you consider what a PIA it is to eliminate the PS pump from your pulley configuration, and try to make something modified to work with the serpentine belt, it is always troublesome.

its not hard to do at all champion sells a powersteering delete bracket all you have to figure out is the length of the belt

I am well aware of the Champion PS delete bracket having used a couple of them, but I "assumed" the owner wanted to keep his AC since it is mainly a street GN! :)

The Champion unit has no provision for an AC compressor.

It doesn't matter how difficult or easy it is to change,you'll have a car without power steering and you'll hate it.