Thinking about buying an 86' GN, Is it worth it?

What would you do?

• Under $1000 Buy it.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Skip it and look for a car in better shape.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lt. Doomsday

Honda Hater #1
My post count may be low, but i wish they had a Read Post count, but anyway my question is this, i have spotted a Grand National Sitting at an old lady's house. Its kinda suspicious, but it is an 86' (It has the I/C Air Dam) But my question is this, IS IT WORTH IT? I looked over the body and it needs, bumper fillers(front and rear)
New paint job, New wheels and tires (stock rims were STOLEN) I/C Air Dam needs to be fixed, Interior needs to fixed, just the seats, (front) needs a new sterio since the Original was STOLEN.
The Key was broke off in the Door lock and the door doesnt seem to close unless you really slam it, (drivers side) And the hood wont pop....

Now i have a question, i need Expirenced people to answer this, for people just guessing to be guessing, or add to your post count, please dont guess unless you KNOW.

Ok when i got in the Car, i saw the Shift knob was broke off, and laying on the Transmission cover, and i grabed the lever and it moves freely from Park to D1? or w/e the last position is. Ok this is with the car OFF and without the Key in the ignition.

What is wrong with this? Can anyone tell me?

So with all the things i have mentioned in this post, My question is, Is It Worth it? Or should i just find a Good condition one, and what would you people pay for a gn like this Dont ask me if it runs becuse its been sitting for 2 years and i dont think it runs.

Any help would be greatly apreciated....

- Cody

Any complete 86/87 turbo buick for under $1000 should be purchased without thinking twice.

no doubt the engines with harness and ecm go for $1000-1200 common. The rearend if it is posi and fully operational $700. Tranny in good working order an original 86 GN $800-1000.

All kind of other parts that add up quick. Under a G...I would be on it like stank on a turd.:D :D :D :D :D :D