theft of T-Type

supramantrm

If you think the stolen buicks thread in this section is not for real ,let me assure you it is for real.
My 87 T-Type was stolen from my DRIVE WAY last night.No broken glass,i have both sets of keys and according to neighbors it was driven away.
Just a warning to ALL who have these cars.I don`t live in a particuarly bad area ,all Orlando appears bad to me right now,but just be aware this is going on RIGHT now.

Can you post a picture of the car & some details of the parts on it? Hopefully everyone in the area will keep an eye out for you.

its a sad reality but, all g-bodies of the late 80's can be stolen with a large flat head screw driver in about 9 seconds.....(that doesnt have some kind of anti-theft installed)

Sorry to hear that, can you describe your car. What area do you live?

Damn I think everyone from your area that has a Buick on this forums need to exchange numbers. this is crazy and only means that you guys need to make it harder for them by installing a kill switch or something. Protect it or your just giving it away. Park the car behind it, sandwich your car in between two other cars. something!!!

photo as requested. Perfect paint, maroon cloth interior, precision stretch intercooler, precision 6162E turbo, tin man intake, new alum radiator. Tag is (or was) 1 QUIK 6- FL, 3" down pipe. ATR stainless steel exhaust, wheels are polished and clear powder coated.

Attachments

• T-Type.jpg
    T-Type.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,258
My feelings on these Florida thefts is that a Local club, Turbo Buick vendor, shop, etc., someone??... is using customer info & targeting the cars. Finding these cars is like looking for a needle in a haystack & too many are getting stolen for it to be random. The common link to these florida thefts needs to be found & it appears some people have a source?? :confused: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/263232-all-tr-owners-read-theft.html

Just my thoughts & i'm VERY VERY sorry to hear this car has been stolen. There was a TON of work, labor & Love in that car. It has been missed.

Thanks for the help its really appreciated.
If you think you had some luv in that car i`ve done my share since i got it 2 months ago.I can`t believe it gone !
I had a neighbor take a tag # and is an eye witness ,actually spoke to the girl that drove the get away truck.
But,the dect for Orange county can`t look at the case til next week ,it will be cut to pieces by then if not already.
Everyone`s reaction is ,any Insurance ?Mine is why can`t someone try to talk to her now not next week?Too late then ,fact is its just a number ,no one really cares.

I wish i knew that car was up for sale a couple of months ago. :mad: I truely regret selling it. Good luck with the police & i will ALWAYS keep my eyes open for the parts on that car. I know it inside, outside & upside down!

Did you get the name of the person from the Police? Try getting the info yourself? The thief would pray the cops got to him (& her) before i did!! FACT!

My feelings on these Florida thefts is that a Local club, Turbo Buick vendor, shop, etc., someone??... is using customer info & targeting the cars. Finding these cars is like looking for a needle in a haystack & too many are getting stolen for it to be random. The common link to these florida thefts needs to be found & it appears some people have a source?? :confused: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/263232-all-tr-owners-read-theft.html

Just my thoughts & i'm VERY VERY sorry to hear this car has been stolen. There was a TON of work, labor & Love in that car. It has been missed.

i agree with you 1000%

Sorry to hear of your loss.

its a sad reality but, all g-bodies of the late 80's can be stolen with a large flat head screw driver in about 9 seconds.....(that doesnt have some kind of anti-theft installed)

That's nuts. I can only wonder how pulls something like that off with a common hand tool.

That's nuts. I can only wonder how pulls something like that off with a common hand tool.[/QUOTE]

All you need is a screwdriver & the car is gone!

Ok. I've never stolen a car so I really don't know how it's done. Although I have heard channel locks are used.

Hey, very sorry to hear about this man. For what it's worth, I'll keep an eye out for it down hear around the Gulf Coast area. Hope you get some closure and have it returned in one piece.

As someone has already pointed out, this car has been eye for a while. Back track every where you've been with the car, oil changes, any type of maintenance etc. Do any of your neighbors have camaras up? Worth checking....

Friggen scum thiefs!:mad:

- Ray -