The test

Russ Merritt

Finally ready to test this thing out. If it's gonna break, it will tomorrow. :eek:

Hopefully it goes smoothly and I can get it close.....

Should be pretty fun...

My TSM race car. The one that wasn't ready for BG so I took my street car. Page 1 on my link is the car.

New motor, Innovative X-trim, ME-R, T-400.....

Sound nice on the brake/2 step in the driveway........ :cool:

My neighbors don't seem to mind either........ :confused: Strange....

71 I believe. I didn't measure it.....

Supposed to be the same turbo as Big Dave.....

Def don't have his motor....

My goal is consistant 9.70-9.80s. We'll have to see how she hooks off the brake with the Wolfe bar. No idea how things will be yet. Haven't raced this car in 2 yrs and it's all differant now...... Long way to go still I bet.....

Ended up only makin 3 pulls. A rocker loosened up and started tickin. Probably should have adjusted them hot before I dynoed it but.....I didn't. Fixed it in the parkin lot and called it a day. 561 hp, 24-25# boost, too lean 1790 EGT and broke a strap on the dyno :eek: Scared me pretty good.

Going back this week for more tuning time as this was a get em in get em out type of day...... Still had fun and gonna tune my street car with Razor's alky kit and pump gas this week also.

RUSS WHEN DO YOU PLAN ON GIVING A REAL WORLD TEST AT NED?
I WOULD LOVE TO COME & FILM IT.

LIL6PAK
"FORMERLY user id LIL6STEVE TILL THE BOARD MESSED UP."

That's a great question.......I gotta get the motor stuff close first. Gonna try again today on the dyno. At NED it will be a suspension test/tune as I have to see which way this Wolfe Bar set up is gonna send me.... I'll let you know when I'm gonna try....... NED tech line is tough this year....... :rolleyes:

Russ Merritt said:
NED tech line is tough this year....... :rolleyes:

You ain't kiddin'! They made me take off my hubcaps. Sheesh! Let NEBRA know when you go up too. I may bring mine up and try to get the motor tuned in.

OK thanks Russ. Boy I would love to leave my GN & Cash in your hands. I bet you would have my GN running some great times.

I am going up this Friday with a buncho friends for fun. One guy has a 67 -428 convertible - 4 speed Pontiac Bonniville he is going to see what old school does.
Mike (pronto) & myself are grudge racing daily drivers. :eek:

If you & Brian can make it then even better. I will have my son in the stands with camera.

Russ, What kinda torque did it make? Was 561 the best pull? I'm sure it was hurting from the loose rocker.

Much better today.... Made 612hp 524tq. Got it pretty close with the ME-R, EGTs 1588, no knock.........Off the T-brake should give me some pretty good ETs. Might go to LV on Friday for a track rental, we'll see.

Little6pack, I'm a phone call away dude. Access to a chassis dyno or can do it the way I've always done it, with a butt dyno. :biggrin: Whenever your ready.....

Russ Merritt said:
Might go to LV on Friday for a track rental, we'll see.

What this might crap??
Ill be there tuning with the distributor and putting down my lic passes

Street car this time.....

I'm a rookie with alky but here's what happened today....

With pump gas and straight meth, dual nozzle full on, 21 degrees timing she won't have anymore than 23# boost with my set up. Made 537 peak hp right at the begining of 3rd gear then flat lined 500 the rest of the pull. I found out Razor was right about pulling most of the fuel out with the R chip. On the wide band I'm now at 11.5 to 12 A/F ratio for most of the pull and that is where the most power was made. The more fuel I took out, the more power there was and the engine sounded happy......

My ET streets took a beating as the rollers were peelin chunks off. No doubt slippin the tire but still learned a lot!

Def more power to be found playin with chips and timing but I'm happy with the way it runs. Still stands right up on the tire and dances around like normal......