The Only 3300 lb. Buick V6 in the 8s using...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have personal experience with what we're discussing. And there's nowhere in this thread that I have bragged about anything.
Too late to take it back. It's all on record, super tuner. :cool:

So you're saying that you tried it, but big time failed?

Being that this has gotten off topic I would like to point out something which the original posted has commented on several times. It was mentioned repeatedly that the size of the valves on the cylinder heads are a hindrance on this application and power level. Well if you look at the exhaust valves at 1.5" x6 compared to the area on the inlet and outlet of the turbine housing then the area of restriction will still always be the inlet and outlet of the exh housing. Now add to that, a turbine wheel placed in that same area and the restriction is larger. Same can be said of the intake valves and TB. Let alone a smaller 220ci engine. I know Dusty has brought up the turbine side numerous times but I dont know if anyone was really listening.
Leave it to you to get all technical on us when we're having fun poking at the weiner troll. Kill joy.

Just kidding Lazaris. You know I always enjoy your input. Let me soak it in a little.

Too late to take it back. It's all on record, super tuner. :cool:

So you're saying that you tried it, but failed?

I'm not good, just better than you :D

I know you want me to post a pic, so I will post a picture of Street Lethal's race car:

keyboard.jpg

Lazaris. I think you are throwing some math at me that I'm not familiar with. The x6. Can you elaborate?

It would really be pie R squared times six to calculate area minus the small area of the stem, but it does come out to be larger than the flange opening.

Is it the 275 radials?............ Nope, can't be that. Those are too small compared to a big 29.5 slick.

I think that was a fly-by by Lazaris.
I'm going to assume that Lazaris is saying that the area of a 1.5" valve multiplied by 6 would need to be the size of the inlet and outlet of the turbine housing, not considering the turbine wheel, inorder for the turbine housing not to become a restriction in the exhaust flow side of the engine.

Don, why do you think this guy gets from one end of the 1/4 mile nearly as quick as you?

It's because Don did the pressure pulse tuning on that car as well. Also, divine intervention due to the window sticker?

Maybe its his 71mm turbo? ... Nope, that's way smaller than a 91mm, so can't be that...

Maybe its his stock iron heads? .... Nope, can't be that, they're just old skool irons... So, what is it?

I know, he has a 400 shot of nitrous! Nope, doesn't need it to spool that 71, so what is it? Inquiring minds want to know. I'm confused... Any thoughts?

Don, why do you think this guy gets from one end of the 1/4 mile nearly as quick as you?
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...impressive-turbo-regal-tb-com-i-think-so.html[video=youtube;3ePvjj36LB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3ePvjj36LB8[/video]
Impressive indeed. I was doing about the same when I had the old T76 turbo on the car. I believe he's now doing that with a 70mm? You guys can correct me if I'm wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if there are even smaller turbos than the 70mm these days that will put out more than the old T76. Am I wrong about that? I haven't really been keeping up with the new technology, so maybe someone more versed in the capabilities of the new stuff can enlighten me.

Tell me more about the car. I'd be very interested in picking it apart.

edit: I see it's a 71mm by the more recent... posts?

I understand it's stroked? Uses a high rear gear?
He shouldn't need nitrous with a 71mm. Does anyone have the exact model of turbo? A comp map for the same?

Let's pick this puppy apart, boys. Who knows this car? Spit up some specs, its2qik.

Status
Not open for further replies.