The one That Goy Away......

'69 Corvair, but would use late model suspension and steering along with a turbo 3800/4T60 behind the rear seat, can't help it, always like the styling of the corvair.

Kevin.

Lots of cars, but if it had to be just one it would be my first one. I was taught to drive, in 1970, and took my drivers test in mom's 1969 Dodge Super Bee. Way cool!!:cool: :cool:

My '34 Chevrolet Master Sedan. I bought it while in 9th grade with paper route money ($50) in perfect condition. Had to store it in my grandparent's barn, my Dad would not let me bring it home to work on it. Had plans to put a Corvette 327 fuel injection in it, paint it candy apple red with black fenders, tinted glass, and a gold pinstripe around the body just below the windows. And put on Torque Thrust D's on it. With a slight downward rake. God, I loved that car. So...my youngest brother went down to the farm one weekend and shot out all the windows in it with his BB gun. So, I had to sell it for $25. Yes, he's still alive and now owns two '71 Cudas. Been tempted to shoot out his windows but I'm just not that type of guy. So...I have sort of revived the memory of that '34 Chevy by putting Torque Thrust IIs on my '87 Grand National (after a serious talk with one of our vendors, Mark Huffman. (if I spelled your last name wrong, Mark, forgive me) He had the coolest looking GN with Torque Thrusts on it and just blew me away. So, with a little encouragement from Mark and the memory of my '34, I have them on the '87. If I had that '34 today...there would be a Grand National engine in it. Boy, wouldn't that be nice and fast?:eek:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Mine was a 1970 rs ss camero I bought while on active duty for $2000 with a flat cam lobe. Installed a new bumpstick and drove it from Ft Gordon Ga. back to Texas. I sold it because I was married with 5 cars and a wife without a drivers lisence to a buddie who had the first GN that I had ever ridden in.

My 1986 gray T-Type. It was a rare car with leather bench seats, column shift and digital dash. It was a nice car for a youngster and it was a great bone stocker to apply a careful recipe to. Traded it for a 180hp 1986 Monte SS. *boggle* It sure looked stupid driving that around with 1QUICK6 as a license plate.

I have two that I really regret selling. First was a 1967 Nova SS, 327 4-speed, gold with, get this, a black vinyl top. I don't know the numbers, but a vinyl top on a shoebox Nova could not be very common.

Second is a 1969 GTO, Expresso Brown with gold interior. I swapped a 455 from a Grand Prix into it, otherwise it was stock.

Both cars I sold in the late 1980's because my folks got divorced and I lost my storage for them at home (I was away at college at the time).

John

I had a shot at a 1983 Hurst/Olds 15th Anniversary. It was the next thing to perfect, $4000.

I had my 1st Monte SS at the time & couldn't swing payments on both, nor could I find a buyer for the SS in time. This was 12 or 13 years ago.

My other F-up was not buying a 1986 GN for $5500. I was working outa town & on my way to the hotel (or was it the bar??) I spotted a nice Monte SS (this would be #2 SS) for sale along the road. I missed my 1st SS, so I stopped to check out this one. It was exactly what I had been looking for. Burgandy/ burgandy with all the options. Next to it sat a 1986 Black "Regal", for sale by the same owner. I looked at the "Regal", it was very nice too but I wanted the SS. Dumb a$$.................

Mine would be a 1966-1967 Chevy II SS with 327 and four on the floor! Had one and gave it away when it started to have rust.

1966 442 sport coupe, 400cid, 350 HP, muncie M-21 4-speed, true factory beast. Sold in '69 to get down payment on house. Ended up divorced; no wife, no house and WORST of all, "no 442", DAMN!:frown:

1966 442 sport coupe, 400cid, 350 HP, muncie M-21 4-speed, true factory beast. Sold in '69 to get down payment on house. Ended up divorced; no wife, no house and WORST of all, "no 442", DAMN!:frown:

Ouch!!!!

I said it before and I'll say it again, the women come and go but the car is forever!!:biggrin:

Ouch!!!!

I said it before and I'll say it again, the women come and go but the car is forever!!:biggrin:

X2

Ones that got away.

Thanks to the ex, I missed out on a Syclone back in '91. Had loan approval and all we had to do was sign. She decided that she didn't want a S-10 :rolleyes:

I had also missed out on a TT/A. I was a hour away from the dealership that had a used one in their ad. I called and they still had it. I drove straight there and when I walked in someone else was doing the paperwork on the car.

Ones that I wish I still had.

All of them. I've never really had just a plain car. All of them were special in some way. The list goes:

First car. In high school I drove a '57 Bel-Air 2 dr post. It was my brothers car from years before but we fixed it back up for me to drive. He still has it, but, I don't.

Second car. After basic training in '83. I bought a '75 442. It was burgundy with the white stripes, rally pack guages, captain's seats, and a 350 4bbl that couldn't get out of it's own way. It was slow but it was the first car I ever owned and pretty cool as far as mid-70's cars go. I would like to find another one someday just for nostalgia's sake.

My fourth car was a '69 Chevelle SS 396. It was a fun car. Kinda rare because it was a 3-spd, bench seat car. Non-posi and would burn the tire so bad the interior would fill with smoke.

Fifth car. Nothing real special but it was an '84 Fiero. 1st year for them and just a neat little car. It was a good run about and kinda cute too.

Seventh car. A '74 Nova SS. Had a 402 with a stall and some 4.10's. It sounded good, sat right, looked mean, barked tires on every shift, and a good mid 13's street car.

Eighth car. A '92 Talon Tsi/Awd. One of the most fun cars I ever owned.

Number nine. A '90 Grand Prix Turbo. Nothing special performance wise but neat and rare.

Tenth. A '92 Stealth R/T turbo.

Eleventh. '85 TPI Z-28. I don't know why but, I just miss it.

12th. A '95 SHO. One of the best all around cars I ever owned and the only one I've ever bought new. Great highway car. The ex took it. I miss that car. :D

After the SHO, I didn't get anything else for many years. Of course this list doesn't include the bikes I've gone through.

Oh and if you noticed that I didn't mention cars #3 and 6, it because I still have them. Number 3 is my '68 Camaro SS 396 and number 6 is my T.

Three

That I have pictures of.

Attachments

• Paul Blue Mustang.jpg
    Paul Blue Mustang.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 713
  • Paul Camaro.jpg
    Paul Camaro.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 702
  • Paul Black Mustang.jpg
    Paul Black Mustang.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 658
Corsair that is some list. I have to say I too love that 75 olds. My best friend in high school had one and we lived in that thing!!!!

We are still buds too. 30 years.

I would love to have my 74 VW beetle back!..... that was a fun car! always an adventure...I'm sure it sitting in the woods somewhere rusting away...It took about an hour showing the guy how to drive it:eek: and telling him the now.. if it does this, you have to do this and etc etc..