The one That Goy Away......

Joe65SkylarkGS

What car is the one you would like to have back. For whatever reason you don't have it and would do anything to have back in the herd.:cool:

For me it was a nice 78 Sport Coupe. Gold with tan interior. V8 turbo if I can remember back then. Had a big old Quadrajet sitting right on top of the valve cover!!!:eek:

Which is yours?

73 Nova Custom Daytona Blue w/irrid flake paint, 355, turbo 350, ps, pb, a/c..

R32 Skyline I had in Japan.......

65 Dodge coronet w/ a factory 383 PI, 904, radio delete:eek: . Had no idea how rare it was at the time

I gotta admit, the Regal is the coolest car Iv'e owned yet and it hasn't gotten away. :biggrin:

I would have to say my 87 Grand National. I was young, dumb and well you know the rest. Didn't know much about these cars at all. I was 19. Blew 2 sets of headgaskets, broken transmission, got pissed and sold it. It always seemed like the car was broken down sitting in the garage more than I was driving it. I take complete resposibility. Driver ignorance. I have learned from my mistakes. I think!:biggrin:

I bought the car for $8500 back in 1996. Sold it for 6500. It was a T-top car. Really miss it. Especially when the guy that bought it drives it thru town once and a while.

Oh well. Can't turn back time now. At least I found another TR a couple of years later and I still have that.

My 69 Nova SS, 396/375. Bought it new, sold it two years later, new owner wrecked it.:mad:

That's an easy one. My first car, a 1957 2 door 210 sedan Chevrolet. White over Seafoam green. Paid a whole $400 for it, drove it for a year and sold it for the same $400.

I had 2 I'd like to have back. A 1968 1/2 R code 428 Cobra Jet GT fastback Mustang,and a 1969 428 R code Cobra Jet Mach1

Mine is the "one I should have bought to begin with" back in 1990. I wasn't big into MOPARs when I was 15. Didn't know much about 'em at all. Unless it was the General Lee, I really didn't care too much. But I had a chance to get an "old blue Plymouth for $4k... 440 Magnum, 4-speed and VERY clean". All I knew about the car at the time is it had a slanted nose and a big-ass wing on the back. Like I said, I was clueless. As the story goes, a local kid had inherited the car from his grandfather and didn't really want it. He let it go cheap. I missed out on it cause I just HAD to have a 1978 Trans Am instead. So my car that got away was a Bird of a different breed.

Pbsbf67.jpg

Stupid me. :eek:

My 1982 1/2 Grand National Turbo powered 1 of 16. Was stolen back in 86, recovered 4 days later on its frame, wheels and tires, t-tops, stereo, tools gone and a bat taken to the hood and trunk lid. Insurance totalled it and would not let me buy it back. Saw it 6 months later in a parking lot:mad:

2nd would be my 86 GN I had for almost 17 years:(

Back in it now wuth the limited:)

I have one should bought and one wish I kept. In the late 80's I had the opportunity to by a 1970 Chevelle LS6 454 with 38k orig miles. $2500. My friend and I were going to buy it together but changed our mind. In 1988 I bought a 88 Dodge Daytona with the CS package (2.2 Liter Turbo) 5 speed. I beat that poor car and eventually traded it in. That was a fun car and recently found out quite rare with the package I had.

Car

I had a 1984 Mustang SVO that I absolutely loved. I don't remember why I sold it but will get another one some day. I also really miss my 1992 Yamaha Vmax w/nitrous. Damn kids!!!!!!:mad:

Lots of cars I wished I still had....

My 84 Regal....was a solid rust free FL car....nothing special. But it was a survivor. Not some hacked up donked out hot rodded lowered car. Drove nice too. Slow as a pig.

71 Nova 4 speed....only because I could use the 4 speed parts for my 69 Nova

71 Chevelle....had to sell it, but I had a lot of soul in that car. Lost 1/4 of my ass on it in the sale.

84 S-10....what's so special about an S-10? Well it had a V8....ok still what's so special? Well it wasn't beat up like most S-10's are and it was the lightest S-10 made: curb before the V8 was 2500 lbs, the V8 put it at 2700 curb. All steel body too. Would run consistent 13's all day long. In reality it was a hard to find truck as most came filled with all the luxuries and weighed over 3000 lbs. If I still had it, I would build a nice 400 sbc for it, then I'd be in the 11's traction providing.

81 Capri..like a mUstang, 6 cyl car....,.if I still had it, it would have a 347 stroker, C4 trans and a 3.73 rear.

63 1/2 Ford Galaxy

True "R" code car 427 w/2-4bbl 4-speed Red with white top. Sod it to a guy that used it as a "parts" car to restore his 390 convertible!

63ford34713-2.jpg