The one that got away

nolanator

@none_more_black
Hey everyone,
My name is Ryan and I'm new here. I joined this forum with the idea of purchasing a GN to replace the 62 Nova I currently own, but over the years, I have heard so many stories about people who regret selling their car greatly, despite owning a very nice car. I'm still relatively young and don't want to regret a decision for the next 50 years if i don't have to.

Do any of you guys have a story where you sold a car that you would do anything to have back today?

sort of. My dad left me a 62 ? mercedes 200 d that was solid but to a 25 year old it was an old fogys car. Now with the wisdom of a few more years I wish I hadn't given it away for a fraction of its value because I would love to have stuffed a buick powerplant in it and make a sleeper out of it. The 4 cyl diesel it had was anemic, barley capable of 60 mph down hill and forget starting it in the winter. It had leather and was nicely rounded . It was oddly cool looking and I never see them now.

Not "anything". When I was 19, I traded a 2 year old '70 Beetle for a '63 Corvette split-window coupe. Drove it a year and a half and when my life hit the skids, sold it for $1500 and bought a $50 4 cylinder '62 Nova...

Not "anything". When I was 19, I traded a 2 year old '70 Beetle for a '63 Corvette split-window coupe. Drove it a year and a half and when my life hit the skids, sold it for $1500 and bought a $50 4 cylinder '62 Nova...

Yeah! 62 Nova!!

Not to wax philosophically but life is full of regrets. Enjoy now and appreciate what you have instead of what you had.

I just kept em. I have a 1970 GS455 that is my first car. I also have my 1987WE4 that is my first new car. I've had several between and since but I've held on to these.
I hope to own a GnX one day and ill drive it like I do the two I kept and will most likely die owning all three. Time will tell. I do have a very supportive wife that puts up with me and my eccentricity. I am thankful for that.

I still own the first car I ever bought.

20 years ago I bought an 85 Buick Regal T-Type. Thats still the only Buick I ever owned

I still own the first car I ever bought.

20 years ago I bought an 85 Buick Regal T-Type. Thats still the only Buick I ever owned
That is cool. I had an 84, that got traded for the 87. I've had all Buick cars except one, an 89 5.0 notchback mustang. The rest were/are trucks.

68&half Pontiac. Gto convertible . Hurst four speed. Full set cragers,hidden headlights 6.5 litre . Never seen one like it again. Bought it from my uncle when I turned 16,he had it on blocks in the garage. Im told they are worth 100,000 now.

That is cool. I had an 84, that got traded for the 87. I've had all Buick cars except one, an 89 5.0 notchback mustang. The rest were/are trucks.

I would drive nothing but Buicks if I could. But I'm hard on my daily drivers. I ignore maintanence and beat them to death. When they break I just through them away. I try to buy my beaters with the "100 dollar a month rule." If I bought it for 1200 dollars, then it's got to last 12 months. 1800 = 18 months. 2000 = 20 months. You get it? After that if they give me trouble I just junk them.

I just don't have the heart to watch a Buick be run into the ground. I much rather would watch a Ferrari be used to haul Sheetrock and rot in a swamp.

The one I still think about was my first car, 1972 Rallye Challenger 340, slap stick numbers matching. Bought it when I was 15 and a couple months old. Sold it 4 or 5 years later because I didn't drive it that much. Bought a 87 Iroc 5.7 T-tops I loved the Challenger but all the girls loved the Camaro so bye bye Challenger. Still regret it. I raced and beat more cars in the Challenger then all my other car combined.

1969 Fairlane Cobra 428 4 speed...virtually perfect except for needed a rebuild...sold for $350 in 1979 when I was 17. and then a 1968 Mustang Fastback J code 302 4 speed in 1998 for $6500 because I was tired of it. needed nothing , painted in Shelby color scheme. I'm holding on to the GN's because of the stupid moves from the past.....I am at the same point with them now, just ready to get rid of them...but the wife reminds me that someday the may be worth something.

Having owned and sold many cars I only regret getting rid of a few.

89 BMW 325is...did alot of work to it, handled and braked unreal. Ported head, cam etc...fun car and CLEAN. Unloaded it for what I though was a good price back in 2006, now that model in that shape has nearly doubled in value.

1976 Jeep CJ7...first off-road vehicle, lots of emotional sentiment.

1987 WE4 Turbo T...first Buick, back in 1993 it was running 11.60 and completely street legal in NJ. sold it because I was getting divorced...big mistake, selling the car not the divorce.

1999 Land Rover Discovery...built like a tank (and handled like one), but unstopable off road and quite easy to wrench on. Lots and lots of work done to it, but it too was a victim of the divorce.