The new look!!!

Dusty Bradford said:
Not that I know of. April 6-9 is the big outlaw race at Huntsville if you are in town. I'll be there all weekend running the EZ Street class. When it gets close PM me and I'll give you my contact #'s.

Plowboy72.......Here's the info from outlawracing.com The rest of the schedule is posted on the site.

APRIL 21st --- 23rd ATLANTA DRAGWAY ORSCA / YEAR ONE EXPERIENCE SEASON OPENER POINTS RACE START OF THE SEASON NHRA TRACK
Confirmed

I will definitely be there, i will not be hard to spot red wheelchair and a Buick Motorsports hat. Allan

Dusty, that is sweet. Let me know what your plans are for ATL. I will probably be the there and don't mind turning wrenches or whatever you need. ;)

plowboy72 said:
I will definitely be there, i will not be hard to spot red wheelchair and a Buick Motorsports hat. Allan

Stop by and say Hi.

Jason, I'll let you know but my plans will be to qualify and make it past the 1st round :confused: Anything better than that will be nice.......

Here's one

Attachments

• buickmotor2.jpg
    buickmotor2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 607
turbocliff said:
Dusty: It just isn't right putting a SBC in a buick like that! You're Crazy! ;)

Cliff,

Get off the internet and finish your car!!! :D

John Wilde said:
Cliff,

Get off the internet and finish your car!!! :D

Almost done... another couple weeks is all. Just wiring / FAST XFI install left...

I need to update the pics on the forbidden forum... :eek:

PaCemkr86 said:
OMG. that inst what i was expecting !!! WOW

email me more pics, i wanna post them on our local message board

punderwood@stx.rr.com

got any dyno numbers or time slips or videos?

I hear that alot. I have all kinds of pics in this forum of it. I will get some pics on the way.

No dyno #'s. Video's will happen soon. The weather here is not in my favor now or it would happen this weekend. I have only made 10 passes since I built the car but so far it's best is:
1.38 60 foot
5.71 1/8 mile
125.75 mph

This is on a conservative tune with 23# boost and shifting 1000rpm early so I still have a ways to go.

Cliff........The resto crowd has been quiet :confused: So you have wiring to do and XFI install..........3-4 more weeks maybe?????

Dusty Bradford said:
Cliff........The resto crowd has been quiet :confused: So you have wiring to do and XFI install..........3-4 more weeks maybe?????

I hope to have turn key by March 10th, no reason, just a date I picked a few months ago... Also, FYI, I put a post in the site suggestions forum here about "alternative power plants".. maybe they could start a forum where you goofy guys with SBC turbo drivetrains could compare notes... :eek: I feel dirty going on the turbomustangs.com board... It's just not right. LOL

turbocliff said:
I hope to have turn key by Feb. 10th, no reason, just a date I picked a few months ago... Also, FYI, I put a post in the site suggestions forum here about "alternative power plants".. maybe they could start a forum where you goofy guys with SBC turbo drivetrains could compare notes... :eek: I feel dirty going on the turbomustangs.com board... It's just not right. LOL

Feb 10th is here and gone :wink:

turbocliff said:
Almost done... another couple weeks is all. Just wiring / FAST XFI install left...

I need to update the pics on the forbidden forum... :eek:

You're more than welcome to post pics here as well :confused:

Dusty
That car is plain SLICK!!!! :cool: Hope you get to Birmingham and PLAY with those pesky MUGSTANG!!!. Post if you get to Birmingham, Montgomery or Steele. I would love to hear that "BEAST" going through the lights...I may have to plan to get to Huntsville in April!!!

I would have been running Lassiter and Steele with the MESRA EZ street races they are hosting several times this year. But they decided not to let me run this turbo so that's out, I'm not buying another turbo. I still test at both of these tracks occasionally, mostly Huntsville though. I'll let folks know if we head that way for testing.

You should come to HSV in April. Between EZ street and Limited Street it'll be worth the trip.

Dusty Bradford said:
I would have been running Lassiter and Steele with the MESRA EZ street races they are hosting several times this year. But they decided not to let me run this turbo so that's out, I'm not buying another turbo. I still test at both of these tracks occasionally, mostly Huntsville though. I'll let folks know if we head that way for testing.

You should come to HSV in April. Between EZ street and Limited Street it'll be worth the trip.

Must be nice when you can make the rules to insure that you and your friends will dominate.... :rolleyes:

i did not expect that to be under the hood at all either. that car is definitely a bit of a sleeper. looks great.

John,

I was going to save that comment until I talked to the guys. One of the MESRA founders was testing at Huntsville so we spoke for a while. He looked at the car and said no.....we are going to leave it like it is for now.

My opinion is they are scared. One mustang with this turbo has gone 145mph already and would race at 3400. They have wrote the rules to eliminate this car and other N20 combos which would be faster than theirs. They have got a schedule and tracks who will pay at least 2k per race. The rules have been written to allow themselves the best chances of collecting the winnings at these races. :rolleyes:

What's going to happen when their buddy with a GT55 equipped mustang at 3200# wins a race? I guess it's all good since he's from Mississippi also. Whatever........I told him I would not buy another turbo and then struggle to gut the car to get it to 3200#, just count me out.