The new look for Brutus.......

Wow. Just the backs!?!I never thought of that. That could be pretty awesome! Car looks amazing by the way. Makes me miss my white one :(

nope.......with the car down on em maybe...
Your taste in cars has never been questioned so if your asking us you already know the answer.

I still cant believe you fit a 325 under it without a notch but m&h tires do seem to run small.....Id leave it like it is no flares great job!!!!!!

Wow. Just the backs!?!I never thought of that. That could be pretty awesome! Car looks amazing by the way. Makes me miss my white one :(
What boostfreak said. Just the backs would look killer!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks

nope.......with the car down on em maybe...
Your taste in cars has never been questioned so if your asking us you already know the answer.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, you should tell that to my wife.........lol

I still cant believe you fit a 325 under it without a notch but m&h tires do seem to run small.....Id leave it like it is no flares great job!!!!!!

It's a false illusion with these tires. This 325 I have under my car is no different in actual size to the 295/50/16 MT drag radial I had on before. It does have a wider contact patch on the ground but the overall width including the side wall is the same.

What boostfreak said. Just the backs would look killer!

Thanks

Mike...any thots to going back to an OD transmission to keep the revs down for long distance cruises.

Mike...any thots to going back to an OD transmission to keep the revs down for long distance cruises.

I would have had one in here years ago if it wouldn't hurt the cars performance. I have been told by numerous people that at my level a converter selection is what makes this a not so ideal situation (including Dusty). It's not bad right now with a 28" tall street tire and a 3.42 gear. 100k is about 2600rpm.

Naa.. No flares...

ks

It's one of those things where I had to see it for myself......

I would get the flares painted and mount them to see what they look like. Car will look good with or without them in my opinion.

Hey Mike, those wheels look familiar!!
;-)

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1371520351.844858.jpg

Talked to him today. I didn't realize you had bought the wheels from him. They look great white on white.

S10 front brake time. I was washing up the car on Friday when i saw that my brake pads were low. Do I buy new brake pads or do the upgrade that I have had sitting for the last couple years............ So I finally bit the bullet and brought the dusty parts up from the basement.

Drivers side

Passenger side

With a rim on

Everything was going well until I snapped the steel brake line on the driver side. I will get one fabbed up this week and finish it off, then bleed the system.

New brake line was put in and the system was bled. Now that it is still up in the air, I will put on my Afco BNC double adjustable front struts.

What I thought was going to be a easy job ended up being a shore. I pulled out both my front Lakewoods in less then 15min and was thinking this was going to be a breeze.....NOT!! I pull out the new Afco strut and immediately notice how beefy the body is. Still retaining the factory lower control arm I tried to fit the strut through the hole to bolt it up. Just like I thought, it won't fit, it's too big. So back in the box I go to read the instructions. Low and behold there is a metal bracket there. It says to put this on your lower control arm and scribe around the shape, then cut out the excess material and re drill 2 new holes to mount this. This took me another 2 hours to cut, fit, cut , fit cut and fit till it slid up in position.

I just swapped my blazer spindle setup onto my car. Used the c6 brakes though. I just bought arp studs for a camaro 12mm x 1.50" P# 100-7708

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1380395299.896293.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1380395332.853729.jpg

Joel

Where did you get the longer studs for the blazer bearing?

I'm afraid I can't answer that. I was looking on the S10 board when I was hunting for this setup. I bought it all from a guy on their brand new for peanuts. That's the way they came.

Nice work Joel, I was going to go that route too, but that would screw me up for my 15" drag set up when I go to the track with my Pro Stars so I went the Blazer route.

Mike I hear you about the pro stars, but what I'm going to do about that is go with a 17x 4 weld 5 star wheel in the front with the 15x10 pro stars in the rear I already have. I've seen this setup on a few f bodies and other cars with big front brakes. Since my plans for my car are not centered around drag race , more auto-x , road race. But the whole suspension is adjustable so I believe I'll do ok at the dragstrip. Only looking for the car to run mid nines but be able to carve some corners too! Joel

I just swapped my blazer spindle setup onto my car. Used the c6 brakes though. I just bought arp studs for a camaro 12mm x 1.50" P# 100-7708

View attachment 201744
View attachment 201745

Joel

Are those studs the same knurl as the blazer? I did a ton of searching using the stock blazer knurl size and couldnt find anything aftermarket that matched.