The new look for Brutus.......

Looking good as always. Those tires are going to be useless.

I had that feeling as soon as I saw the tires on the rim. Just looked wrong. Hopefully some 245/40/18 will work out better.

Search gnx fender mods. X-ray has some of the schematics drawings of how they cut out the front fender wells. Was planning on doin this myself. I can't seem to post a link to it from my phone for some reason. Start on page 5. Fwiw I have 305/40-18 on my car 18x10 with 5" back spacing on a stock rear with ls1 brakes and you will def have to roll the lip. I'm gonna cut mine 1/4 way up the from the front to 1/4 way down the back. The ls1 brakes push the wheel out a 1/4" I believe. Although I am putting my 9" back in the car and hopefully the 12" wildwood brakes will bring the wheels in just alil more. Sorry for rambling. Lol. If u do run the 305/40 you will need to run a 40 series tire in the front or it will look kinda funny. Unless its slammed. Joel.

Thanks Joel, I found the thread you were talking about and read it over a couple of times. I don't know if I would have the balls to pop rivets in my fenders like that, hopefully I won't have to with another set of tires on here. Maybe all I would need is a fender roll.

Rob, thank you very much for your post, that helped me immensely. I do have the right centers on the right shells. I just measured the BS on the rears after reading your post and they are 4.7 and the fronts are 4.4. What a relief!!! The lug nut placement on the front and rears are as you described as well.

I thought you were okay, and am happy you are. Good luck with finding the right size tires. It took me me a bit to get the right ones to avoid rubbing.

Rob

Got a new set of front tires mounted on my rims, I will put them on later and take some pics.

IMG_00000274_zps44e30727.jpg

That's a big tire mike. What size are the rear wheels. I hope they are 11s. My 305 40 on a 10" wheel are a

nonosv6 said:
That's a big tire mike. What size are the rear wheels. I hope they are 11s. My 305 40 on a 10" wheel are a

Sorry. Lol. Anyways. That's a big tire. I hope you have an 11" wheel in the rear. I have 305 40s on 10" wheels and the tire bulges alil. They should be on a 10.5 -11" wheel really.nitto recommends 10-12". Plus they are rather tall. 27.72. I was actually gonna go with the 315 35 or a 305 35 which is 26.42 btw my frame is notched and quarter lips are rolled and I need to roll the lips more or trim them a little with the 10" wheel with 5" backspacing. Just throwing out some numbers for you to compare with. Joel

Attachments

• image-2894345170.jpg
    image-2894345170.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 257
The rears are 18x10" right now. The plan is to put them on 11" shells later. I know they recommend a 11 to 12" rim, just want to see what clearance I have to play with before making changes. It's going to take some tweaking here and there just like i had to go through with the fronts in finding the right tire. I have seen a lot of cars use the 325/50/15 MT drag radials on a 10" with the same specs in terms of width and overall height so I'm not overly concerned about the bulging aspect as such, until I mount them............. I am going with the, "by all means necessary " theory on this one. What ever allows this to work, will be done. I have to lean to a 28" tire because I have a 3 speed tranny in the car.

What's the goal for this setup though ? Are u gonna drag it with those wheels and tires or just for the street? The wider tire on a smaller than recommend wheel just won't give u optimal handling but if ur not auto xing it or anything probably won't matter . Obv the difference between the 325 50 15 on a 10" wheel and a 325 40 18 on a 10" wheel is more sidewall on the 15 so it will pull in a little more. I tried getting 265 35 on a 18x8 , and there was no way I could get it on the rim sidewall was too stiff , just for comparison. But I guess you will find out when u get them mounted. How low will the back of the car be? That picture I posted was with eibach springs in the rear. I don't think they are even a 2" drop . Fwiw I love your car and have somewhat of the same type of build goin with mine although I keep changing things along the way lol. And these are just my experiences and speculations

This is just for street, not going to track it like this (damn back tires have to last, they cost me my left nut). Definitely will not be AutoX either, that's not my thing. To be quite honest with you, this is a make work project. I would like it to sit low, but I don't want the tires tucked in the fender. Once i get things to fit the way I want, the coil overs will be going on to give me the desired ride height that I can get away with and still manage to have comfort first and foremost. I still have stock springs in the front and back of the car. I have the frame notch kit already, so I will be doing that. Over the winter next year these back wheels will be coming apart again and i will change out the outer shells to have 18x11" rims. If wheel wells need to be addressed, then it is what it is. I have a vision in my head of how I want this to look like. If it doesn't look the way I want it to, keep a eye on the for sale section for a set of 18" Simmons. But I'm quite confident when the smoke clears this will look sick.

My 16x10 that I had on before these 18's were the same height as these tires (28"), but not as wide.So I am basing my ride height off of the old one, then refine it with the coil overs.

Surprisingly enough, it fits perfectly with lots of room. Doesn't require any frame mods. I can reach in the wheel well and grab the tire on both sides with my hands, so that gives you a idea of the clearance between the tire and the frame.

they look good ..i really thought they would be more bowed out ..cant wait to see more pix!!

Whew. That car is going to look perfect once it is done. How about some rear shots to show off those meats!

Thanks guys, I will get some more pics up this weekend. Gonna make a 3rd attempt at a set of front tires. The 245/40/18 sit too low for my likens. 245/45/18 are my next choice for a little more height.

The problem in my case is the width. The 265 and 255 swells out and rides too close to the outer fender (like the 255/45/18 I had on earlier). When I put on the 245/40/18 I noticed how much more room I had. So keeping that same distance and adding a bit of height would be great. I talked to the guy that I bought the tires from and explained my situation with him, and he said, as long as they still have the stickers on them I will change them out for the 245/45/18, just pay the labor in mounting them. I am very fortunate. Yesterday i gave him the rims and he told me to leave it with him and I can pick them up today.

I always use this site when comparing tires. just punch in your specs and see the overall measurements. The great thing is having 2 calculators side by side so you can compare different scenarios.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp