The New GTO

GTO sucks or not?

• Yes, It Sucks

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • No, Its' kick a$$

Votes: 37 48.1%

• Total voters
Almost vote the wrong way,,reading to quickly....

How about "Yes it sucks A$$"

:D

I guess it's O.K. as a car in general, it's just not a GTO. Hopefully it will get styling from the old goats when they redesign the body style.

Yes, that's it Lou Cipher....an all new GTO with 64-67 body styling...The Ferd boys could figure that concept out huh?

It's more of a disapointment than it sucks :eek:

disapointment # 1 small block chevy power :rolleyes:
# 2 no hood scoops (a GTO tradition):eek:
# 3 true dual exhaust exiting out one side :mad:
what IDIOT designed that :mad: too jap for me

not really a bad car I would have liked it better as a Monti or Chevelle SS w/the chevy power
or (you guys are going too whip me for this);) a new Gn or GS
with the intercooled 3.8 turbo V6 OR blown 3.8 V6 :eek: :p
I'm not a fan of crossbread cars

well it't rear drive lets see if GM does any thing with it :rolleyes:

IMO GM Needs to get on the bandwagon like ford did with the 05 Mustang.. Bring the body back with current features but retro as well..

I saw dodge was doing some or atleast conspiring to do a charger like that.

Its a nice car, but the real winner here is the ls1 motor, the general did good with it. Just read the latesst Gm High Performance magazine for info about it and the potential the motor has.

I have wanted this car since the day I saw it in sadia arabia as a chevy lumina SS. I will be placing my order for a black 6spd soon :D

It looks like a Grand-prix raped a Grand-am and the GTO was the offspring. The fact that it's RWD is it's only redeeming quality.

350 bone stock HP, IRS and a sixspeed manual doesn't meet your standards? Man, this is a tough crowd

I've heard a few people say that it doesn't look aggressive enough or that it doesn't stand out enough. I can understand these sentiment.
For the people who are not completely against this car and can find some redeeming quality in it, how would you change it next year, appearance wise only (more HP is always in order)? Hood scoops? Side scoops? More aggressive ground effects package, big ass wing?

It's kind of funny to hear people who like Grand Nationals bitch about the new GTO looking like a contemporary Pontiac. Afterall, when our cars were new they resembled the Skylark and LeSabre coupe of the time, and are "just" grandma's plain Regal painted black, how awful eh?

The original old school GTOs looked like any other Pontiacs of the time, and even started out with nonfunctional plastic vents in the hood. GTOs were fairly understated until the gaudy Judge came out.

The new GTO is a badass coupe in the vein of the original and our cars. It's a muscle car with a bit of comfort and refinement, and it's the best built and trimmed machine the General has ever unleashed on these shores.

Here's one with an automatic making a run,

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/ProjectGTO.wmv

11.44@119.77mph - 1.67 60 ft.

All it has is a Vigilante 2600 stall converter, BFG Drag Radials, and a 150hp shot of nitrous.

I took a few out for a test drive, and they drive a lot like a Corvette powered, sport packaged BMW 540i. It can drag race, and it handles with finesse and plush comfort. It's truly an unbeatable combination for the price.

I will be buying a black one with red leather to compliment my other large GM muscle coupe, my 1987 Buick Grand National.

:cool:

Originally posted by aperrego
I saw dodge was doing some or atleast conspiring to do a charger like that.

Ford can keep the flash-in-the-pan retro thanks. The new Stang looks pretty chunky.

Dodge is releasing a new Charger, but like the GTO it's styled like a contemporary Dodge and will be four doors. I'm sure everyone will whine about that too.

For those who like a little throwback though, the aftermarket is offering 1969 Judge style stripe kits for the new GTO, and it actually looks pretty decent. Afterall, the car already comes with a big, bad, Judge-like spoiler.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2127

And check out this hood,

http://www.mpd-inc.net/GTO.htm

The new Dodge Charger,

0404phr_dodge_02_z.jpg

:eek:

Originally posted by TriShield
The new Dodge Charger,

0404phr_dodge_02_z.jpg

:eek:

now that is badass, if people are "voting " on the gto it sucks, everyone would vote badass on this charger!

I just think Pontiac could have done something more like what Ford did with the 05 Mustang and put some retro late 60's styling cues from the original GTO. Performance-wise the car is right on the money.

Retro doesn't sell. The VW Bug isn't a hot seller, the T-Bird is dead. The Impala doesn't cut it with its pseudo retro tail lights.

The 04 GTO looks just like the 64 did in respect to what other Pontiacs looked like.

For 05, dual outlet exhausts would be nice but not critical. Same goes for the hood scoops, could be an option. As always, more power :)