The mother of the young man who died while trying to launch fireworks off his head,speaks out.

It's sad, feel bad for the mother...it's tough losing a loved one, as I know....I feel awful for her and her family...........but......no rules will fix DRINKING BEER AND STUPID. NO RULES, NO MATTER WHAT. That idiot knew exactly what he was doing, as it said in our newspaper.....so I don't feel sorry for him.

But think about it seriously, even I'M guilty of being drunk and stupid during my life....it's only luck that I'm still living.....so.....we ALL are at sometimes in our lives...drunk, stupid or both......it's the way of the world.........this guy was just plain unlucky with a stupid trick....it kills some, and others survive.....just luck of the draw......

I'm not drunk anymore, but still stupid.o_O

Bruce '87 Grand National

They even quote her at the end saying "you can't regulate stupidity". I get it. She knows. She's just a mom being a mom. Feels she needs to do something.

I get it too: just a mom being a mom, no problem. And an opportunist politician along for the ride.

Fuck fireworks....unless launched by trained professionals.

We went to my father in law's Upstate property for the 4th and the neighbor across the road always puts on a fireworks show on a hill on FIL's property. One of his buddies accidentally placed a box of mortar's upside down and almost took out 12 people. The grand finale was capped off by a huge explosion which I later found out was tannerite. Fucking nut jobs.

One kid had a box of sparklers and all the kids wanted one, including my 4 year old daughter. I told her NO because they can cause serious burns.....but my sister in law said oh what's the big deal and gave her one anyway after fashioning a hand protector out of a plastic cup. So of course what happens....her 5 year old burns his hand and 5 seconds later my daughter starts crying hysterically when she burned her hand. Thankfully neither kid was seriously injured.

Fuck fireworks....unless launched by trained professionals.

We went to my father in law's Upstate property for the 4th and the neighbor across the road always puts on a fireworks show on a hill on FIL's property. One of his buddies accidentally placed a box of mortar's upside down and almost took out 12 people. The grand finale was capped off by a huge explosion which I later found out was tannerite. Fucking nut jobs.

One kid had a box of sparklers and all the kids wanted one, including my 4 year old daughter. I told her NO because they can cause serious burns.....but my sister in law said oh what's the big deal and gave her one anyway after fashioning a hand protector out of a plastic cup. So of course what happens....her 5 year old burns his hand and 5 seconds later my daughter starts crying hysterically when she burned her hand. Thankfully neither kid was seriously injured.

i've never seen anyone get hurt with sparklers..

i've never seen anyone get hurt with sparklers..
New Years day 1976 Me and my brother were sword fighting with sparklers and he stabbed me in the stomach. I had a big oozing blister and my Mom took the belt to him for burning a hole in my shirt.
Not one word about burn. Ah the good old days.

Some info about those simple sparklers that kids like to play with.

These sparks from the sparkler are HOT. I mean super hot. It depends on the kind of sparkler, but the temperature of these sparks can be anywhere from 1800°F to 3000°F (1000°C – 1600°C). How hot is that? Here are some temperatures of some other things you might have seen.

• Human body = 98°F (37°C)
  • Your oven can get up to 550°F, but the element (the heating part) can get up to 1500°F (815°C).
  • The glowing filament in an incandescent lightbulb is about 4500°F (2500°C).
  • Iron melts at 2800°F (1500°C).