The last plug passenger side, damn you plug !

TurboSkunk15

Started to get my car ready for the season.
Grabbed ac delco plugs R43TS gapped .0035. Replaced the plugs an easy job until I got to the last one one the passenger side, not fun. My extensions for my ratchet was too big to fit in the space and I didn't have an extension bar. I wound up using a 3/8 to 1/2 drive adaptor into a 1/2 to 3/8 drive adaptor gave me just enough room and length to get it out. Figured it might help someone to share this

Last edited:
Craftsman/Sears sells a spark plug socket with a built in universal. That socket and.some extensions make the job a breeze. Buick should have put one in the glovebox from the factory.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I always had to go to the shop up the block for a thin wall to get that little....not nice plug out.

Craftsman/Sears sells a spark plug socket with a built in universal. That socket and.some extensions make the job a breeze. Buick should have put one in the glovebox from the factory.

Good to now I'm going to grab it next time I'm ear sears. Thnx

This is what I use. Same with going back in. Remember you have to hold your tongue right

Piece of cake with this. No extensions needed just don't rake your knuckles across the header heat shields :cry:!

001.JPG

I just put new plugs in yesterday and went through this. What a PITA ! getting the new one in was no picnic either.

I use the spark plug socket with universal pictured above with the longest 3/8" drive extension I have. It makes the job a lot easier.

Craig

Exactly what we use....
As for supplied by the factory...The guy that invented the v-sicks also invented the engine hoist!:bucktooth:

20" extension with a universal joint makes quick work of it. Don't even need to bend over :D

For me the hardest thing was not destroying the spark plug wire boot, couldn't get it off and ruined the wire, had to rebuild it. The socket with the built on universal is the ticket. Wait for it..........(y)

You guys are a bunch of wimps! :)

The owners with the Hot Air 1984-5 turbo cars really have something to bitch about as you cannot even see the plugs on the pass side?:eek:

I learned a trick from a guy years ago working on BB chevy header that was a PITA..take a 12-16" piece of vacuum hose and stick it on the tip of the spark plug..use that as a flex-joint/plug holder to get the plug twisted into the hole, then go with the long extensions, swivels,u-joints, hammer, torch, and colorful vocabulary....it works for me on that rear pax plug. Aren't these FUN to work on??!!

Bob

I learned a trick from a guy years ago working on BB chevy header that was a PITA..take a 12-16" piece of vacuum hose and stick it on the tip of the spark plug..use that as a flex-joint/plug holder to get the plug twisted into the hole,..... Aren't these FUN to work on??!!

Bob

I have a turbo Buick "trick" also - take the spark plug/universal combination socket and wrap it tight with tape around the swivel joint, and you can then just "point" the plug into the head and screw it right in!

PLUG SOCKET.jpg

Put the spark plug socket on the plug , now get a shallow 3/4 socket and put it on the end of the spark plug socket on the plug, lefty loosey , righty tighty with a ratchet . Easy :)