The idea shifter

image.jpg

I am pretty sure it was this one
There are a few mods you have to do to the shifter to make it work with stock cable and fit under console
There is a bracket on the shifter for the provided cover to attach to . I drilled out the rivets and moved it from the left side to the right side. It is not used for the install
It comes with a cable holder that has to be cut and riveted to the shifter body at the proper spacing to match spacing on our stock shifter
The cable bracket on the front of shifter I cut off for clearance between stick shifter mounting pads on the transmission tunnel and it interfere with cable routing
The hole in tunnel that cable passes through has to elongated for the change in angel of cable attachment
Plastic in the consol has to be clearances for the shifter width
The console itself must be moved about an inch towards the rear of car. Drilling holes in mounting pads for the rear screws in the compartment the front of console is mounted with a small bracket I made from aluminum and attached to shifter
Shifter is bolted to tunnel with out using the mounting pad provided with shifter
When completed it can be restored to stock if desired

Also the the rubber boot that came with shifter I trimmed it to fit between our top plate and console
image.jpg

That looks great!

Since I let the car do the 1-2 shift and I plan to do the 2-3 myself I've been thinking about figuring out a way to modify the shifter gate to stop the shifter from going past 3 to overdrive. I just want to bump it at the track with zero concentration. Too much else going on to worry about missing 3rd. That's next on my agenda.

G body parts sells a detent plate for the stock shifter that does exactly this, its cheap and installs quick. It bumps from 1-2 and 2-3 without pressing the button and has a hard stop before od requiring a button press. I think they made it for people using a manual trans brake

I am pretty sure it was this one
There are a few mods you have to do to the shifter to make it work with stock cable and fit under console
There is a bracket on the shifter for the provided cover to attach to . I drilled out the rivets and moved it from the left side to the right side. It is not used for the install
It comes with a cable holder that has to be cut and riveted to the shifter body at the proper spacing to match spacing on our stock shifter
The cable bracket on the front of shifter I cut off for clearance between stick shifter mounting pads on the transmission tunnel and it interfere with cable routing
The hole in tunnel that cable passes through has to elongated for the change in angel of cable attachment
Plastic in the consol has to be clearances for the shifter width
The console itself must be moved about an inch towards the rear of car. Drilling holes in mounting pads for the rear screws in the compartment the front of console is mounted with a small bracket I made from aluminum and attached to shifter
Shifter is bolted to tunnel with out using the mounting pad provided with shifter
When completed it can be restored to stock if desired
When I installed that shifter for a buddy all we did was remove some of the plastic on the underside of the cover plate, I made a little extender for the stock cable, removed the cover that wraps around the stock shaft and moved the console back about 1/2".
It was that simple he can put it back to stock at any time less the work we did to the cover plate which you can't see anyway.